Nevada To No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Permits - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nevada To No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Permits

This is a discussion on Nevada To No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Permits within the Nevada Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Originally Posted by doublenutz HUH??? Is this a fact or Jail House Law? Are you saying to members of this ...

Avail is offline Doesn't like Kool-Aid

Quote Originally Posted by doublenutz View Post
    HUH??? Is this a fact or Jail House Law? Are you saying to members of this forum that they can travel to Nevada and open carry without a permit?

It there anybody up for trying to open carry in Nevada without a permit as a non-resident?
    From what I understand of the law, OC is legal here without a permit. But, if you are planning on doing it in Las Vegas, have your attys number right by your license.

I have a non-res permit for NV and live in Las Vegas and would never consider OC here, there's too many degenerates around for me to advertise that I have a gun.

I took the course at The Gun Store in Las Vegas. From 3 yards, you fire 6 left handed, reload and fire 6 right handed in 60 seconds. From 7 yards, fire 6 anyway you want, reload and fire 6 more. The same from 15 yards for 36 shots total.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Quote Originally Posted by Avail View Post
    From what I understand of the law, OC is legal here without a permit. But, if you are planning on doing it in Las Vegas, have your attys number right by your license.

I have a non-res permit for NV and live in Las Vegas and would never consider OC here, there's too many degenerates around for me to advertise that I have a gun.
    How can you have a nonresident Nevada permit and reside in Las Vegas at the same time?
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    How can you have a nonresident Nevada permit and reside in Las Vegas at the same time?
    Indeed.

When ever you move, NV law requires you to notify the Sheriff department that issued you your permit, where you moved within 30 days of moving. When changing from a non-resident to a resident, LVMPD requires you to turn in your non-resident permit for a resident permit.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    Indeed.

When ever you move, NV law requires you to notify the Sheriff department that issued you your permit, where you moved within 30 days of moving. When changing from a non-resident to a resident, LVMPD requires you to turn in your non-resident permit for a resident permit.
    I understand that you have to notify the issuing Sheriff department of any address change within 30 days. I don't understand the resident/nonresident statement you posted.

Even though I have a Nevada nonresident CFP from Washoe County, the permit itself does not state it. An address change within the issuing county will require a new permit and turning in the old one. I am not sure how it works if moving to another county. I think the issuing county would have to be notified of the move as well as the county that you are moving to. They will issue a new permit upon verification that your CFP is valid and is in good standing.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

Is there any way to get a Nevada non-resident permit without actually traveling to Nevada? I was able to get my Utah non-resident permit by going to a class given by a certified Utah instructor in Idaho and then everything else by mail.

Quote Originally Posted by AceHigh View Post
    Is there any way to get a Nevada non-resident permit without actually traveling to Nevada? I was able to get my Utah non-resident permit by going to a class given by a certified Utah instructor in Idaho and then everything else by mail.
    Nope, class must be taught in NV by a licensed instructor. The application needs to be filed in person in the state of NV.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

bigfrank is offline NRA Instructor

Can someone point me to a quality instructor to get a non resident permit for Nevada. Needs to be in the Reno area, as that is closer to where I'm at.

Thanks..

Kent Lebarts in Elko (Spring Creek) was my instructor. Great guy
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

Quote Originally Posted by AceHigh View Post
    At this time, no chance at all. Been there, done that. I didn't mind going to Nevada to take the instruction.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast