Nevada To No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Permits
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Nevada To No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Permits

This is a discussion on Nevada To No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Permits within the Nevada Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; MPORTANT NOTE FOR UTAH CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT HOLDERS- NO MORE NEVADA CARRY! Nevada authorities have decided that Utah Concealed Weapon ...

Default Nevada To No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Permits

MPORTANT NOTE FOR UTAH CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT HOLDERS- NO MORE NEVADA CARRY!

Nevada authorities have decided that Utah Concealed Weapon Permits will NOT, repeat NOT, be recognized in Nevada effective July 1, 2009.

Even though Nevada has recognized Utah permits for several years, they recently reviewed permits from all states and decided that they will no longer recognize permits from Utah or Florida. The excuses given are that Nevada law requires the other states permit requirements to be “substantially similar to” those of Nevada. However, since Utah does not require live fire to get a permit, Nevada will not longer recognize our permit. Florida permits are good for seven years, but Nevada permits are only good for five years, providing the excuse for dropping Florida.

The people involved with Nevada permits seem to include a few powerful members of the law enforcement community who are hostile to private citizens self defense rights.

Utah Shooting Sports Council and the National Rifle Association will continue to pursue actions to restore recognition of Utah permits by Nevada, but it may take several years and changes to the Nevada laws.

Meanwhile, DO NOT CARRY IN NEVADA with a Utah Concealed Weapons Permit!

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

I am so pissed.

I chose Las Vegas for my vacation because of my Utah permit.

Tell me again why we put up with CCW permits in the first place? Your state constitution includes RKBA, but I will be denied both CCW and open carry in Las Vegas.

I chose Las Vegas for my vacation because of my Utah permit.
    Go somewhere else and write some letters to Nevada legislators letting them know.

I quit vacationing in Colorado when they adopted the rule that you had to be a resident of the state the permit was from. Until then, I was legal on my Utah non-res permit.

I avoid California like the plague.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

At least all is not lost. At least no permit is needed to open carry in Nevada.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Unfortunately, handguns must be registered in Las Vegas.

How long does it take to register a gun in the city?

Quote Originally Posted by 230therapy View Post
    Unfortunately, handguns must be registered in Las Vegas.

How long does it take to register a gun in the city?
    Clark County has handgun registration.
    Residents of Clark County have 72 hours to register their handguns.
    Non-residents of Clark County do not have to register their handguns, unless they are staying for 60 or more days in Clark County.

Handgun registration can be done at any LVMPD substation and takes less than 10 mins.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Default website updates

NV DPS was changed. UT & FL removed and WV & OH added.

Utah DPS changed NV to a state that does not recognize UT permits.

FL DACS removed NV from list of states that have reciprocity with FL.

Also on the FL website.
    This list was last updated on July 1, 2009, when the State of Nevada was removed from the reciprocity list. Authorities in Nevada notified the Division of Licensing that as of that date, Nevada would no longer honor Florida concealed weapon licenses. Therefore, in accordance with the reciprocity provision set forth in section 790.015, Florida Statutes, Florida could no longer honor concealed weapon licenses issued by the State of Nevada.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

I have NV and Utah. Does Utah honor Florida? I travel in Dixie alot.

Yes, Utah honors Florida resident and noresident permits.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

But, Florida only honors Utah resident permits.
    Florida does not honor Utah non-resident permits.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast