Court rules against town for falling to act on gun permit
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By nogods
  • 2 Post By Rhino

Court rules against town for falling to act on gun permit

This is a discussion on Court rules against town for falling to act on gun permit within the New Hampshire Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; According to Nappen, Ferrara applied for a license but never received a response from Streeter. New Hampshire law requires a ...

Default Court rules against town for falling to act on gun permit

According to Nappen, Ferrara applied for a license but never received a response from Streeter. New Hampshire law requires a police chief to either approve or deny a license application within 14 days. Any denials must be written and delivered to the applicant.

Court rules against town for falling to act on gun permit | New Hampshire NEWS06

Quote Originally Posted by Maine CWP Training View Post
    According to Nappen, Ferrara applied for a license but never received a response from Streeter. New Hampshire law requires a police chief to either approve or deny a license application within 14 days. Any denials must be written and delivered to the applicant.

Court rules against town for falling to act on gun permit | New Hampshire NEWS06
    I hope the chief has to pay the legal fees out of his pocket. The good citizens of Newton shouldn't have to fund his incompetence.

How does a chief of police in a town of 4000 people overlook an order to appear in court?

Andy must have retired and Otis took over the job, locking himself in the cell.

on March 14, the day his suit was scheduled to be heard, neither Streeter nor anyone representing the town showed up in court.

“The judge asked me, ‘Where's your opposition?'” said Nappen, who had no explanation for why Streeter was a no show. “So we won.”

Nappen said the town's subsequent motion for reconsideration included a memo from Streeter saying he had “completely overlooked” the order to appear in court to answer Ferrara's lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    How does a chief of police in a town of 4000 people overlook an order to appear in court?
    Barney lost his bullet and he was trying to help him find it.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Ya just gotta nipit in the bud , just nipit , nipit in the bud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!