14 Days or 14 Business Days - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

14 Days or 14 Business Days

This is a discussion on 14 Days or 14 Business Days within the New Hampshire Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Originally Posted by sambo42xa What does it come out to, about a 4 day difference; is it really going to ...

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    What does it come out to, about a 4 day difference; is it really going to kill you to wait the extra days??
    Well it may not kill me, but it certainly doesn't hurt to get one's regs straight before calling a local police department you aren't familiar with on what the law says, now doesn't it.

Even though it's been more than the allotted period, they are still waiting to hear back from my oh so reliable references. It won't kill me to wait on that either, now will it?

Quote Originally Posted by MLasher View Post
    Well it may not kill me, but it certainly doesn't hurt to get one's regs straight before calling a local police department you aren't familiar with on what the law says, now doesn't it.

Even though it's been more than the allotted period, they are still waiting to hear back from my oh so reliable references. It won't kill me to wait on that either, now will it?
    Wait what!? Waiting to hear back from your references? Are you from NH or are you applying for a NH res permit? The only contact information they should have for your references are their names and addresses, did you give them more then that? You didn't allow them to finger print or photograph you did you???

Our city has them done in about 3-5 days, half the information on the permit I leave blank. Such as work history and my current job, **** on my last renew I forgot to check a few boxes and left out an address for one of my references. Called them up expecting them to say come finish filling it out, nope they said it was approved and awaiting my pick up. They have never contacted any of the references I put down, I mean come on who the hell is going to put down someone they know will give them a bad reference? There have been some cases that people just put dead people down and they still get their permit. There is nothing stopping you from even adding yourself as a reference.

Unless you have the time and the money to fight the poilce department in court, the whole 14 days thing is more of a guide line to them(I said to them, even through it's a LAW.) They know the average Joe will not be able to do much about it should they take longer.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lancermit View Post
    14 days?! In Texas, the DPS has up to 60 days to decide. And, they'll wait until day 59 to tell you they need some sort of "clarification" of your application!
    NH is very efficient. I got my Non-Resident permit in the mail 4 days after they cashed my check, which was the day after they received it. I've said for a long time TX isn't half as gun friendly as people think it is. Even is my home state of MA which isn't pro gun at all they only legally have 40 days.

sambo42xa is offline USA Carry Supporter

Did those four days include Saturday and Sunday?
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    NH is very efficient. I got my Non-Resident permit in the mail 4 days after they cashed my check, which was the day after they received it. I've said for a long time TX isn't half as gun friendly as people think it is. Even is my home state of MA which isn't pro gun at all they only legally have 40 days.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    Did those four days include Saturday and Sunday?
    Yes, both actually. Permit issued on a Tue 12/14/10 They cashed my check the previous Fri. I had it 2 days after that if I remember right.

sambo42xa is offline USA Carry Supporter

So, on post #6 14 days was yesterday but you won't be able to go by until after the wkend. So now it's 16 days if you go that Monday. What difference does it matter if it's working or business days if you already went past the 14 anyway? At this point you wouldn't be making an ass out of yourself going in to ask..........or am I missing something here?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLasher View Post

(All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12