New York Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

New York Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information

This is a discussion on New York Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information within the New York Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Thank you; but the fact still remains that it is $65.25 for the Utah non-resident pistol permit/license....

Mother Pearl is offline Mother Pearl

Thank you; but the fact still remains that it is $65.25 for the Utah non-resident pistol permit/license.
    Be the one who walks away

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Pearl View Post
    Thank you; but the fact still remains that it is $65.25 for the Utah non-resident pistol permit/license.
    I suppose I saved someone an extra $5.The fact still remains that it is $10.00 USD to renew the Utah non-resident.

Mother Pearl is offline Mother Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    I suppose I saved someone an extra $5.......
    Quite the contrary. Since renewals are not pre-paid, I believe the individual would have discovered the difference when s/he received the renewal notice from Utah. AND, I think we have beat this dead horse long enough.
    Be the one who walks away

im almost sure in newyork you carry on your side not covered up for hunting and recreational stuff. does any one know for sure?

Blog Entries

At the risk of digging up that horse and re-beating it:

If you are in the process of hunting and have a HUNTING handgun, then you may carry it open or unconcealed. If you are carrying a personal protection handgun for hunting, you may carry that unconcealed -as long as you are actually hunting.

NOT going to or coming from. NOT eating breakfast or lunch near your tree stand....You must be actually in the field, hunting.

Once you leave the field, you must case up or conceal the handgun in some fashion, no matter the type of handgun.

The above was obtained by direct conversation with multiple DEC State Troopers.
    Dave
    Founder,
    Rochester Personal Defense
    www.safeinrochester.com

G50AE is offline Banned

It never ceases to amaze me how the state of New York can thouroghly screw up an area of law that neighboring Vermont seems to get right.

Quote Originally Posted by RochPersDef View Post
    At the risk of digging up that horse and re-beating it:

If you are in the process of hunting and have a HUNTING handgun, then you may carry it open or unconcealed. If you are carrying a personal protection handgun for hunting, you may carry that unconcealed -as long as you are actually hunting.

NOT going to or coming from. NOT eating breakfast or lunch near your tree stand....You must be actually in the field, hunting.

Once you leave the field, you must case up or conceal the handgun in some fashion, no matter the type of handgun.

The above was obtained by direct conversation with multiple DEC State Troopers.
    "DEC state troopers"? whatever.

The problem is that the NYS law is inane. Technically, a permit is only for concealed carry. No exception for hunting or even self-defense. so logically we assume there must be an assumed exception for displaying a weapon while in the course of self defense or hunting, otherwise a permit would be useless.

But then there is the matter of target practice. If i can display my firearm while hunting can't I also do so while engaged in target practice? So I'm in a state forest and carrying unconcealed. I'm engaged in target practice. I 'm shooting at leaves when the wind moves them.

And what about hunting without displaying my backtag in the southern zone? Does that mean i wasn't hunting and therefore carrying my weapon unconcealed is a violation of the firearm laws? or does it simply mean I was hunting without properly displaying my backtag and it is a mere violation of the hunting regulations?

Blog Entries

For those of us that did not understand, All of the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) officers are State Police.

As for the rest. I answered a question posed by a member.

Take care everyone.

Later. I'm out
    Dave
    Founder,
    Rochester Personal Defense
    www.safeinrochester.com

Let's get this thread back on topic. It should only be for items that need to be updated on the state pages.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Jmazz is offline NRA Member

Talking New Ammendments to Gun Law State Wide

Last edited by Jmazz; 01-22-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: fix link

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast