Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 2
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

This is a discussion on Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process within the New York Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Originally Posted by porcupine73 Some states say the fingerprint card will be rejected if it is folded. Originally Posted by ...

Quote Originally Posted by porcupine73 View Post
    Some states say the fingerprint card will be rejected if it is folded.
    Quote Originally Posted by holdmdwn View Post
    It was folded, and of course when I went to get my prints done, I got scolded, for it being shuffled and I explained to the officer it was sent to me that way via the mail and he said that someone messed up,
    In my county the clerk had me mail mine to her after I got my refs signatures. She confirmed folded wasn't an issue so i sent it in a standard envelope.

Talking

hey fellow shooters. i also am in the prosses of getting my license, i hope to get a security job . currently i had a job lined up but i need my license in order to get it. being as Erie county takes so long im still waiting for it to go from my local pd to the judge that will hopefully grant it. thing is Erie county allows the judge to keep it there for up 2 3 mths Ive heard. im coming up on my 6th month so heres hopeing.

Just curious as to what the other two counties are that are close to you. Did they have any restrictions put on the permits they were issued?

im right near the chautauqua/erie border near the cattaraugus rez. as to restrictions im not sure.

Default Moving Back to NY

I was just curious as we are moving back to NY,Woming county to be exact. I was wondering what the wait time is for a new permit.
    I currently have a CCP from here in Va.and just wanted to know how hard it is to get one in Wyoming County, does anyone have any information?
    Also by having a CCP carry any weight as to shortening the wait time for said permit? Do I also have to ship my pistols through a FFL dealer to be leagal bringing them into the state or do I just bring them an become a non convicted felon? Any thoughts or ideas?

In NY, all your pistols must be listed on your permit by make, calibre, serial number, and model. I think it would be pretty risky to try to bring them into NY without first having your NY permit with them all listed on it. I don't think already having a ccw from another state would shorten the time to get one in NY since NY would still be running all the same background checks, reference checks etc. It isn't really a 'waiting period' so much as it is just getting the application through all the hoops and over all the hurdles.
    Last edited by porcupine73; 03-02-2009 at 10:38 AM.
    Member: NRA | NYSRPA

Quote Originally Posted by WdStock44 View Post
    Also by having a CCP carry any weight as to shortening the wait time for said permit? Do I also have to ship my pistols through a FFL dealer to be leagal bringing them into the state or do I just bring them an become a non convicted felon? Any thoughts or ideas?
    Your VA permit will do nothing to expedite your NY permit unfortunately. And yes, you will have to transfer your pistols to an FFL. I'm pretty sure the clerk's office will require receipt of transfer from the FFL for you to collect your permit so I don't think 'illegally' bringing them up will work.

Fortunately Wyoming county is one of the easier counties in WNY, call the sheriffs office there and they can steer you right. As far as the FFL goes, there are a bunch of smaller guys in the area that will transfer arms for ya, for a reasonable price.

Default Wyoming County??

Do you know if they issue permits without restrictions? What kind of time frame am I looking at for a reply?
    Thanks

i finally got my permit!!! only target/hunting but i got it. already got money down on my new Ruger P345. cant wait to get it. unfortunately i wanted to get a serpia holster for it but they don't make one for it. however ive heard that the xd serpia fits pretty good for it. so im excitied. good luck to everyone on ur permits.

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast