Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 48
Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

This is a discussion on Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process within the New York Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; I just handed in my application on June 7th 2012, fingerprinted June 8th, 2012. James for FTOWNY taught the safety ...

I just handed in my application on June 7th 2012, fingerprinted June 8th, 2012. James for FTOWNY taught the safety class i had to attend. He was very knowlegeable and even offered to answer questions via email after the course. hope to hear something by christmas!!

Town of Tonawanda

Quote Originally Posted by bullzeye View Post
    I just handed in my application on June 7th 2012, fingerprinted June 8th, 2012. James for FTOWNY taught the safety class i had to attend. He was very knowlegeable and even offered to answer questions via email after the course. hope to hear something by christmas!!

Town of Tonawanda
    Thanks and do not hesitate to ask if anything does come up.

Let me know how it goes and when you get your permit.

James

Default upgrade from target / hunting

I just submitted my "Upgrade Affidavit" to Erie County and was told I'd have an answer in 2 months. I had actually gone to the permit department to request a duplicate as My old paper permit was destroyed. The clerk handed me the application and said "do your self a favor and fill this out. " I have had a Target / Hunting restriction since obtaining my Original permit in 1990. Anyone have experience with upgrade in their permit to unrestricted?

Quote Originally Posted by akpa View Post
    I just submitted my "Upgrade Affidavit" to Erie County and was told I'd have an answer in 2 months. I had actually gone to the permit department to request a duplicate as My old paper permit was destroyed. The clerk handed me the application and said "do your self a favor and fill this out. " I have had a Target / Hunting restriction since obtaining my Original permit in 1990. Anyone have experience with upgrade in their permit to unrestricted?

This is usually a very easy process one you have had your permit in Erie for 5 years or more. I am sure that you will most likely see your letter of approval in about 8 weeks or less.

Let us know if you have any problems or if you need anything at all.

Updated Erie County Application process...I handed application in on September 8, 2011. Prints done same day. All my references were contacted in the last 5 days. Phone interview with lieutenant detective of the West Seneca Police department on June 21st. In person interview with West Seneca police chief today, June 26th. Interview was all but 10 minutes. Application goes back down to the pistol permit dept. to get reviewed by the issuing judge. If it is granted I will get a letter in the mail within the next 8 weeks. Long road of waiting and waiting..but finally at my final step of...yes...waiting. Good luck everyone! This is my second application process as I was denied the first time around 9 years ago. Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Brennan View Post
    Updated Erie County Application process...I handed application in on September 8, 2011. Prints done same day. All my references were contacted in the last 5 days. Phone interview with lieutenant detective of the West Seneca Police department on June 21st. In person interview with West Seneca police chief today, June 26th. Interview was all but 10 minutes. Application goes back down to the pistol permit dept. to get reviewed by the issuing judge. If it is granted I will get a letter in the mail within the next 8 weeks. Long road of waiting and waiting..but finally at my final step of...yes...waiting. Good luck everyone! This is my second application process as I was denied the first time around 9 years ago. Wish me luck!

What was the reason for the denial?

Formerly Western Southern-tier of NYS (now way down South of NYS !)

My son is going to accept a job transfer that would likely dictate his move from Cattaraugus County up to Erie County. He presently has a pistol permit in Catt Cty. The permit contains no restrictions (Catt Cty places no restriction on permits). He's wondering what will happen when he moves to Erie County. Will it just be a change of address procedure ? Or will the new permit contain restrictions ?

Does anyone know how long it takes for the FBI check to take? and is that usually first or does it go to local PD first?

Quote Originally Posted by jamiejones View Post
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the FBI check to take? and is that usually first or does it go to local PD first?
    Yes thats the first part, mine took about a month and a half to clear the FBI check then another few weeks to make it to the pd office

Well.. I decided to call down to PPD to see how the status of my permit was going as I have not heard from my local P.D and my references have not been contacted. It has been almost 4 months to the date of application. My call was recieved by a very stern man who after hearing my concern (I was short and too the point - just wanted to make sure there were no issues with my paperwork) said he would check and put me on hold....14 mins later the phone was picked up and hung up. I'm definitely not going to call back as I don't want to become a PITA but man this sucks.

Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast