Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 50
Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

This is a discussion on Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process within the New York Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Handed in application on 1/13/2012.... Prints taken on 1/14/2012. No references have been contacted yet. Pistol permit office said the ...

Handed in application on 1/13/2012.... Prints taken on 1/14/2012. No references have been contacted yet. Pistol permit office said the application is with Amherst police. Amherst police said 1 detective is in charge of the background checks and that there is a large stack.

Nuch41, I am a permit holder from amherst, The amherst PD is a bit slow but once they start contacting references, they finish it fairly fast. It's a painless process, the detective is a good guy. The time it took from reference check to the letter in hand was 5 long months. Be patient it will be worth the wait.

Thanks for the reply rchery59. I bet a friend a pizza that I wouldn't get it by the end of the year. Now all I have to do is decide on Bocce's or LaNova.

Too bad pizza junction is closed. You still may get your letter before the year end. Depends on where your app ends up in the rotation for the PD and then the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by nuch41 View Post
    Thanks for the reply rchery59. I bet a friend a pizza that I wouldn't get it by the end of the year. Now all I have to do is decide on Bocce's or LaNova.
    Hey nuch is your friend a tall goofy guy named Eric? (I just got off the phone with him about your bet)

How hard is it to get a non res. permit for ny took the NRA course here in ohio I have also have non res for PA. I would like to get ny now because I go their twice a year.

No such thing as a non-resident N.Y. state permit.

You're right. His name is Erik.... And he is taller than most humans.

By the way, the 14th will be 8 months, and still no references contacted.

Quote Originally Posted by nuch41 View Post
    By the way, the 14th will be 8 months, and still no references contacted.
    Bought an AR while waiting.

Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast