NYS County map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NYS County map

This is a discussion on NYS County map within the New York Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; All, It appears that all of the maps previously posted in the thread "county by county status" are no longer ...

Cool NYS County map

All,

It appears that all of the maps previously posted in the thread "county by county status" are no longer accessible. I'm not sure if this is because of an upgrade to the site that lukem did recently or what, but when I went to attach it again to this thread, the upload failed every time. I tried different formats and file sizes to no avail. I had to create an album and post it as a picture. Here is a link to it:

USA Carry - rheaj's Album: New York State County Map - Picture

I did send the map along to lukem a couple months back asking if he could put it up in the NY section of the main site. He said he liked it, but was having computer troubles and would try to do it once he got everything working again.

Thanks,
    rheaj

Default nys

so whats the grey area

Those are the counties where I have no information.

i have a permit from one of the grey areas but its been so long since i got one i could not comment on how it is now.

Jefferson County is grey on the map. I just had my interview and was told I couldn't get it without restrictions unless i had a high risk job or another high risk factor. But I know someone that got it through the same office within the last 2 months and they never even asked her why she wanted a carry permit and then gave her an unrestricted. So it depends on the detective handling the application.

Ektarr is offline Dedicated Infidel

I have property in Chemung County, right near the border of Stueben, but no dwelling, and I don't -live- there. Any chance I could qualify for a CCW somehow? I visit the property frequently and would like to be able to carry ON, and TO and FROM, the property. Whaddaya think?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    I have property in Chemung County, right near the border of Stueben, but no dwelling, and I don't -live- there. Any chance I could qualify for a CCW somehow? I visit the property frequently and would like to be able to carry ON, and TO and FROM, the property. Whaddaya think?
    Where is your actual residence? I'm 99% sure you can only get a permit issued from the county you actually live in, but it would still be good in whatever county as long as you follow any restrictions your county may impose.

Ektarr is offline Dedicated Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by tj_cubin View Post
    Where is your actual residence? I'm 99% sure you can only get a permit issued from the county you actually live in, but it would still be good in whatever county as long as you follow any restrictions your county may impose.
    My residence is in New Jersey, about 250 miles away from the land in Chemung Cty. I have no misconceptions that I'd qualify for a NYS CCW, but I figured I ask, anyway. Couldn't hurt! Even New York Lottery advertises: "Hey! . . . You never know!"
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    My residence is in New Jersey, about 250 miles away from the land in Chemung Cty. I have no misconceptions that I'd qualify for a NYS CCW, but I figured I ask, anyway. Couldn't hurt! Even New York Lottery advertises: "Hey! . . . You never know!"
    New York does not isues non-resident carry permits.

Default Legal New York resident

You must live and be a legal resident of that county in New York.In order to even apply you need 4 character referances who live in tha county.It takes up to 6 months to get your permit and most likely be restricted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosel View Post
    New York does not isues non-resident carry permits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast