Anyone know of someone caught carrying outside their "sportsman" restriction? - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Anyone know of someone caught carrying outside their "sportsman" restriction?

This is a discussion on Anyone know of someone caught carrying outside their "sportsman" restriction? within the New York Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Originally Posted by riffmaker I agree with you 100% about open carry. You may have missinterpeted what I was saying. ...

armed-an-rdy is offline Banned

Default im rite

Quote Originally Posted by riffmaker View Post
    I agree with you 100% about open carry. You may have missinterpeted what I was saying. I was talking about concealed carry. I would never open carry in NY.
    again why was your license restricted.you cant carry unless your camping or hunting. so are you going to carry and when you get caught im camping and hunting and going top the range. the letter is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    again why was your license restricted.you cant carry unless your camping or hunting. so are you going to carry and when you get caught im camping and hunting and going top the range. the letter is wrong
    Ok now you admit to camping and hunting..before you said I couldnt carry anytime. I think you are either a troll or your working for Bloomberg or Schumer. Now you say a Judge is wrong. Just so you know, at work today I was carrying concealed. When I go to the range I carry concealed. When I go walking I carry concealed. When I go fishing I carry concealed. If, as you say I get caught, get caught by whom. The police..the sheriff. The judge who issued my license, states, in writing that I can carry at the above mentioned activities. I am sorry that you are upset at this. As I said before, the letter that I posted has the judges number on it. Call him and explain how wrong he is. Let me know how that works out for you.

Default i stand corrected

Ok now you admit to camping and hunting..before you said I couldnt carry anytime. I think you are either a troll or your working for Bloomberg or Schumer. Now you say a Judge is wrong. Just so you know, at work today I was carrying concealed. When I go to the range I carry concealed. When I go walking I carry concealed. When I go fishing I carry concealed. If, as you say I get caught, get caught by whom. The police..the sheriff. The judge who issued my license, states, in writing that I can carry at the above mentioned activities. I am sorry that you are upset at this. As I said before, the letter that I posted has the judges number on it. Call him and explain how wrong he is. Let me know how that works out for you.
    again why was your license restricted. can you drive while you carry conceal i guess driving is hiking and camping

I live in suffolk county new york WE MUST carry concealed going to a range The law in new york city and the 5 boroughs is you must carry your pistol in a locked box CASE CLOSED

Default wrong

Quote Originally Posted by vince g View Post
    I live in suffolk county new york WE MUST carry concealed going to a range The law in new york city and the 5 boroughs is you must carry your pistol in a locked box CASE CLOSED
    you can only carry the gun locked in a case sepperate from ammo .your unsafe and i hope you get arrested

Default why

Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    again why was your license restricted. can you drive while you carry conceal i guess driving is hiking and camping
    why was your license restricted

i know i didn't start this but you are out of line. my permit, my buddy's permit, and this other guy's permit is restricted. yes we can not carry "24/7" i personally know why my buddy and mine is restricted, i can not speak directly for the other. unless we can show "proper cause" to "need" a 24/7 permit you will not get one. either you live in a "better" county or you have a reason to "need" a 24/7 permit. which if is the case i wouldn't mind hearing what yer "proper cause" is. with that said, i have read my buddy's paper work which states that he can "carry concealed" to and from his "activities" nothing stating that it has to be locked up (as a side note his paper list's his sportsman license for hunting, target, camping, hiking, birdwatching, and i believe there was at least one more). just like the other poster's paper work states that he can carry his weapon to and from his activities. as far as my county, i have not been able to get an answer to what i can and can not do with my sportsman's restriction, i've gotten as far as the officer that run's the permit application's. the last step i have to finding out my restriction's is talking to the judge. which i hope to hold off untill i get my restriction's removed. you really do come across as somebody who thinks their better than everybody else just because you have a 24/7 permit. for what it's worth my mother and late father both have had their 24/7 permits for 30+ year's.

oh and YES i can carry while driving as long as i am going to or from on of my above mentioned activities.

Homebuilt..give it up. I said everything I needed to say to armed-an-rdy. He just doesnt get it. As you and i said, he seems to think he is better than the rest of us. All I know is we, in this forum, are all on the same team and are here to learn from each other. Anyone who goes through the trouble, hassle, expense, training and intensive backround check deserves to have an unrestricted license. Some counties are more 2A friendly than others. Does that make us any different. I dont think so. Remember we are all "ARMED AND READY".

Default restricted

Homebuilt..give it up. I said everything I needed to say to armed-an-rdy. He just doesnt get it. As you and i said, he seems to think he is better than the rest of us. All I know is we, in this forum, are all on the same team and are here to learn from each other. Anyone who goes through the trouble, hassle, expense, training and intensive backround check deserves to have an unrestricted license. Some counties are more 2A friendly than others. Does that make us any different. I dont think so. Remember we are all "ARMED AND READY".
    im not better than everyone.your licenses is restricted mine is not.we can not both carry conceal.and im on the same team im trying to educate you,share info.i notice people with restriction always say they can carry conceal .to settle this you just keep carrying until the day comes.youll meet the rite officer and make sure you carry the letter.it wasnt hard to get a unrestricted license,i didnt have to prove a need for 24hour carry.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast