Question re: Permanent Residents and Pistol/Revolver Ownership in North Carolina

Question re: Permanent Residents and Pistol/Revolver Ownership in North Carolina

This is a discussion on Question re: Permanent Residents and Pistol/Revolver Ownership in North Carolina within the North Carolina Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Hi, My wife and I are Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) who are considering moving to North Carolina for work ...

Default Question re: Permanent Residents and Pistol/Revolver Ownership in North Carolina

Hi,

My wife and I are Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) who are considering moving to North Carolina for work related reasons (plus we love the state!). I believe I understand correctly that US citizenship is required to qualify for a concealed carry permit. My question is, is it okay for permanent residents to own pistols/revolvers in NC and shoot them at a range?

Thanks,
    LGermaine

Hello LGermaine this is dirrectly from the Sheriffs dept in Charlotte...

Handgun Purchase Permit Requirements

Applicant must:

be a citizen, a naturalized citizen or a resident alien;
    be twenty-one (21) years of age;
    have attained at least one month's residency in Mecklenburg County;
    provide a valid driver's license or other picture ID with current address provided by the state of North Carolina.
    A criminal background check must be performed before granting of permit.

Permit to purchase a handgun costs five dollars ($5.00).

Permit to purchase a handgun is valid for a period of five (5) years from date of issue.

I am not sure if it depends on the city you will move to.. look it up on the internet if you have any other ?

Thanks EGMZ, much appreciated.

LGermaine