New member from Casper, Wyoming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New member from Casper, Wyoming

This is a discussion on New member from Casper, Wyoming within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; Howdy y'all, I'm Michael. My wife and I love guns and freedom so much that we sold our house in ...

RightArmOfWyoming is offline Libertarian Republican

Default New member from Casper, Wyoming

Howdy y'all,

I'm Michael.

My wife and I love guns and freedom so much that we sold our house in California and moved to Wyoming last year to get away from overt nannyism.

I do a lot of things, try to keep busy. I love to hang out with my wife, she's my best friend in the world. And we love to shoot.

I write books and make documentary films for a living.
    For fun and activism, I blog a lot, podcast, and I'm the Wyoming contact for the Republican Liberty Caucus.

I'm active on OpenCarry.org, thought I'd also check out this place too.

I'm a CCW holder, usually conceal carry, occasionally open carry (open carried all the time first six months in Wyoming until I could apply for a CCW). I carry a Ruger GP100 .357 revolver. My wife carries a Glock 23.

I'm a peace-lovin' guy who digs cats, calm summer nights and long walks in the woods, yet wouldn't hesitate for a nanosecond to use lethal force to protect myself or my family.

We've also got a few .308 rifles, may start hunting next year. Mmmmmmm.....antelope! Yum!

Michael W. Dean
    Right Arm of Wyoming - RKBA rock and roll.
    http://www.rightarmofwyoming.com

hello and welcome from michigan. glad to have you.. and congrats to you and everyone in your state for the recent law passed to show the federal government that the states mean business with their gun owner's rights!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Michael

I spent two winters in Casper during my residency.

Great shooting range.

I think the town had too much "Small Town Psychosis" for my tastes.

It is a GREAT place to hunt and fish however.

-Doc

What's "Small Town Psychosis"? Do you mean you prefer bigger places, or smaller places? Or does it mean something else?

It seems like the least psychotic place I've ever lived, but then again, I've lived in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington DC and New Orleans!

MWD

What I refer to is that those who are NOT long time established residents, are always treated as "Outsiders."

Another big thing in Casper is the heavy LDS influence. If you don't belong, you are almost like an infidel in saudi!

There was an intern at the family med center who dated his patients, didn't show for call, got caught DUI and assaulting the Casper PD who stopped him. Being Mormon there paid dividends. All the faculty (and town big shot) mormons closed ranks around him. When the heat got too bad, they found him a place in a program in Las Vegas. Last I heard was he got killed in an altercation with the cops in Nevada.

A large portion of the big-shot docs at Wyoming Med Center appear to be crooked. They have the town medical care rigged in their favor. The only thing they fear is the trial lawyers. The Wyoming med center admits drunks for "Medical treatment" so that they can bilk the feds for funds. Those guys just needed to spend the night in the Casper PD drunk tank rather than consume thousands of dollars of inpatient care.

In the big picture, the psychotic places you mentioned are certainly worse. I have lived in all except DC.

Maybe the place will one day change. They were opening a second Wal-Mart on Cy when we left. The right amount of growth can be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RightArmOfWyoming View Post
    Howdy y'all,

I'm Michael.

My wife and I love guns and freedom so much that we sold our house in California and moved to Wyoming last year to get away from overt nannyism.

I do a lot of things, try to keep busy. I love to hang out with my wife, she's my best friend in the world. And we love to shoot.

I write books and make documentary films for a living.
    For fun and activism, I blog a lot, podcast, and I'm the Wyoming contact for the Republican Liberty Caucus.

I'm active on OpenCarry.org, thought I'd also check out this place too.

I'm a CCW holder, usually conceal carry, occasionally open carry (open carried all the time first six months in Wyoming until I could apply for a CCW). I carry a Ruger GP100 .357 revolver. My wife carries a Glock 23.

I'm a peace-lovin' guy who digs cats, calm summer nights and long walks in the woods, yet wouldn't hesitate for a nanosecond to use lethal force to protect myself or my family.

We've also got a few .308 rifles, may start hunting next year. Mmmmmmm.....antelope! Yum!

Michael W. Dean
    First Welcome to the site from Tampa Bay, Floriduh..

Wow, what an introduction.. Almost had to laugh when you started the "I'm a peace-...: paragraph.. Almost sounded like a dating site bio
    The last paragraph sounds like you need to join PETA.. "People Eating Tasty Animals"!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    First Welcome to the site from Tampa Bay, Floriduh..

Wow, what an introduction..!
    Thanks. I try.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    The last paragraph sounds like you need to join PETA.. "People Eating Tasty Animals"!!!

Photo I took of the T-shirts on the waitresses at an open carry dinner at T-Joe’s Steak House in Cheyenne, Wyoming:

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    What I refer to is that those who are NOT long time established residents, are always treated as "Outsiders."
    I dunno, I've been here eight months and feel very much at home. Maybe openly carrying a big revolver helps. lol....

I love it here. I plan to die of old age here.

MWD

Right arm! Farm out.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast