Email notifications

Email notifications

This is a discussion on Email notifications within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; Is it just me or is everyone else having to deal with email notifications every time someone posts on here? ...

DrLewall is offline Charter Member

Default Email notifications

Is it just me or is everyone else having to deal with email notifications every time someone posts on here? I have gone into my USER CP and turned off anything to do with email notifications and I am still getting them. I can see where when this bbs gets real popular, my email is gonna fill up real quick.

As it is right now, I have turned off emails from Admin and email alerts to new posts/not subscribed to any threads etc...anyone have any clues as to what other setting I may be missing??

TNX!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    Is it just me or is everyone else having to deal with email notifications every time someone posts on here? I have gone into my USER CP and turned off anything to do with email notifications and I am still getting them. I can see where when this bbs gets real popular, my email is gonna fill up real quick.

As it is right now, I have turned off emails from Admin and email alerts to new posts/not subscribed to any threads etc...anyone have any clues as to what other setting I may be missing??

TNX!
    I didn't subscribe to any threads either, but it appears to happen anyway. I went to user cp, subscriptions, and selected "no email notification" Hope it works, but will I have to do this every time I post?

It was set to automatically subscribe you to the threads when you posted. I've turned that default option off. Please let me know if this continues.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

That worked...didnt see any alerts that posts were made, TNX!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com

Great, thanks.

Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Well I just got another notification..this time I went to the thread and unsubcribed from the particular thread..wonder if that worked?? We'll just have to play with this until we get it right I guess. It's not too big a deal right now and I have LOTS of patience, we'll get it tho.
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com

worked here too thx!
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Can you change it back? I like lots of email. It makes me feel important. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    Can you change it back? I like lots of email. It makes me feel important. ;)
    Just set your user options to automatically subscribe you to every thread you posti in! :D

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    Well I just got another notification..this time I went to the thread and unsubcribed from the particular thread..wonder if that worked?? We'll just have to play with this until we get it right I guess. It's not too big a deal right now and I have LOTS of patience, we'll get it tho.
    I was getting them also. I just clicked on the email link "To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:" That took care of it for me.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787