Dog in the hospital - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Dog in the hospital

This is a discussion on Dog in the hospital within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; Sorry to hear about your loss....my wife and I have an Australian Labradoodle and she's 9 years old....we hate the ...

Sorry to hear about your loss....my wife and I have an Australian Labradoodle and she's 9 years old....we hate the reality that we may not have her around much longer...we just had to put down my wifes horse who was 24 years old...we had him since he was a two year old..very heartbreaking....my philosophy is that we give them a great life while they're with us, show them a lot of love and attention and, as the way everything else is in life, we all move on...no more suffering other than by the ones left behind...our cats are young so hopefully we won't be faced with losing them anytime soon and, if you're like us, you'll probably get another dog and enjoy the memories of the past and look forward to the future. I'm having a necklace make with hair from her horse's tail so she will always have a part of him with her.

You have my family's sympathy.. as a long time pet keeper, I know very little that hurts more than losing a long time friend like that :(

I'd say pet owner, but there is some question regarding our cat...

Default Sincere regrets

To lose a beloved pet is monstrous. I lost one a little over a year ago and it was the singular most emotionally devastating event in my 70 years and will sting the rest of my life.

So I fully understand and share your grief. My deepest sympathy for your loss. Rest in peace little soul and we will all meet at the Rainbow Bridge someday.

Default The loss of a 4 footed 'family member'

It is tough to loose a "family" member, I lost Buster, an Old English Sheep Dog five years ago and still haven't gotten over not having my best friend with me.
    The local humane society did a great job and now I have him on my desk all the time.... I am very sorry for your loss and know just how much you must miss her..and her mates will miss her also.....

Really sorry to hear about your Dog, we've had to put three Carin Terriers down at different times through the years and the last was in 2006, we have since given up on pets it's just to hard on the heart. Besides an old geezer crying is not a pretty picture. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It was pretty hard walking my other two without her this morning.
    You have my commiseration.

It takes some time before you stop noticing the holes in your routine and stop being reminded by them of what changed.

Both mine died last summer. I am without a dog for the first time since I was a child. It has been four dogless months, since September.

If you love you accept loss--whether you like it or not.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Default My pets

My wife and I lost a dod (12) and a cat (9) to cancer within a month of one another. It renders even the hardest heart to sadness at all the love they so unselfishly shared with us. I understand and empathize. Sorry for your loss and anyone who must experience this kind of grief. And you do grieve too.

Unhappy dogs

Hope everything works out we are having problems with our 11 year old yorkie we might have to put her down

Cried more for my lab of just three wonderful years than I did for many more years with close relatives.
    ...man's best friend forever.
    You have my sympathy.

Default It doesn't get easier...

Lukem,

Sorry for the loss, and it does not get easier... We live on a small farm in the Missouri Ozark Foothills (SE MO), and have 'in-herited' several dogs over the years from people who dump them on the highway.

We take them in feed them, care for them and make them part of our family, and they have 120 acres to roam all they want on. Several have passed on due to old age (normally around 12-15 years old) and have the vet humanely end their suffering. It is hard to go through, but we enjoy their company and loyalty while they are with us, and remember them afterwards.

~John
    JPKirkpatrick
    USAF-Ret; NRA Life; CRPA Life; USA Carry Mbr;
    Oath Keepers Chrtr Mbr; USCCA Mbr; HGCA Mbr; Ret Former LEO

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast