Dog in the hospital
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Dog in the hospital

This is a discussion on Dog in the hospital within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; So I had to bring one of our dogs to the hospital last night, a 10 year old Labrador Retriever. ...

Unhappy Dog in the hospital

So I had to bring one of our dogs to the hospital last night, a 10 year old Labrador Retriever. She got really lethargic and noticed some swelling in her abdomen. After a bunch of tests it wound up being internal bleeding. She had to have a blood transfusion overnight which sounds like it went well. Now we're just waiting around for some other test and an ultrasound to find out what the problem is and then probably go into surgery. Guess its all part of being a pet owner but man does this suck. And I just can't stand the waiting part. I"m sure a few of you here have been through it before but this is my first pet to pass. She's one I "adopted" when my wife and I moved in together as she was her's. I have my own two that are only about 3 years old.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I hope everything works out for you and your doggie. There is nothing that makes my wife and I more anxious than one of our menagerie (dogs, cats, horses) being sick or injured. Good luck.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

I hope that everything will turn out for the better in the end. Keep us posted as to how she is doing.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Good luck, Luke. I lost my oldest (at 18!) dog last summer. During that same period, I was taking my youngest (2yr old) dog back-and-forth to Shands, looking into issues which we now know are part of a rare liver disease. It was exhausting.

Best Wishes,
    -Kevin

Well unfortunately we had to put her down earlier today. She has cancer in her spleen and liver s9 there was nothing they could do. We are at home taking it easy with our other two dogs now. Man this sux.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

i'm sorry to hear Luke... hold the other 2 a little tighter now... feels like loosing a child...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Sorry for your Loss Luke, they really are part of the family..
    Remember the good times!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

santa is offline santa

i am so sorry about your dog. i have been a dog lover all my life and have considered my dogs not only friends but part of the family. some may think its corny but i honestly believe that there is a heaven and when we get there we will find our dogs waiting for us. i am not just saying this i do believe it. here is a poem by edwin arnold; farewell master, yet not farewell where i go, ye too shall dwell i am gone,before your face a moments time,a little space when ye come where i have stepped ye will wonder why ye wept my heart felt sympathies, santa

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's hard but remember she saw you and your wife for who you are, loving, caring people. Remember the times she shared that!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Tackleberry561 is offline Tackleberry

Im sorry for your loss, Its always hard to loose (a member) of the Family. I lost both of my Huskies with in one year. I have yet to get another .....afraid of the attachment thing .
    Its Better To Have It And Not Need It Than To Need It And Not Have It.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast