Charlton Heston dead at 84 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Charlton Heston dead at 84

This is a discussion on Charlton Heston dead at 84 within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; He was the best spokesman that the NRA ever had. I still get chills thinking of that speech. His movies ...

He was the best spokesman that the NRA ever had. I still get chills thinking of that speech.

His movies are classics now too Ben Hurr of course but I like the character he played in his planet of the apes movies. Great stuff!They don't make them like that anymore, he will be missed.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Unhappy Good by old friend

My hart is heavy, this man was truly an American hero.

Last edited by HK4U; 04-06-2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: spelling
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I am truly sorry to hear of his passing.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Right 2 Carry View Post
    What a great American Hero and he will be missed.

May God bless him and his family.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080406/...mo/obit_heston
    It's a sad day....now he's off to the big "Shooting Range in the Sky" blasting AR's and flintlocks w/ Moses, Jesus, and David. I hear David's a crack shot with a .223....sure wished he had that instead of a sling
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Well this is the only board I've read a thread about him died on where I didn't want to just jump through my computer. I won't mention any names but there's been a couple of non-firearms related websites where I've come across a thread like this with just people bashing him and saying good riddance, one less NRA member, etc. Here's a quote from someone which just doesn't make any sense whatsoever:

I have no problems with the average citizen owning a weapon, but their are simply to many guns on the streets of Miami.
    All I can say is that I'll be staying off those boards for a while and sticking to my own...USA CARRY!

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Default Heston

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Well this is the only board I've read a thread about him died on where I didn't want to just jump through my computer. I won't mention any names but there's been a couple of non-firearms related websites where I've come across a thread like this with just people bashing him and saying good riddance, one less NRA member, etc. Here's a quote from someone which just doesn't make any sense whatsoever:

All I can say is that I'll be staying off those boards for a while and sticking to my own...USA CARRY!

You know he was married to the same woman for over 60 years. I am sure that was not to popular in Hollyweird.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Sad that none of our local news stations covered his passing. I thought I heard about his passing briefly on Fox News, but didn't catch the entire segment. Glad to see that the folks on this board feel the same way I do. Charlton Heston was an excellent spokesman for the NRA and defender of our 2A rights.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12