Is This A Great Country or What?
Like Tree13Likes
  • 5 Post By Tucker's Mom
  • 3 Post By stingray2100
  • 2 Post By Tucker's Mom
  • 2 Post By Babarock
  • 1 Post By stingray2100

Is This A Great Country or What?

This is a discussion on Is This A Great Country or What? within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; So youíre a sick senior citizen and the government says there is no nursing home available for you, what do ...

Default Is This A Great Country or What?

So youíre a sick senior citizen and the government says there is no nursing home available for you, what do you do?
    Our plan gives anyone 65 years or older a gun and 4 bullets. You are allowed to shoot two Congressmen and two illegal immigrants! Of course, this means you will be sent to prison where you will get three meals a day, a roof over your head, central heating, air conditioning and all the health care you need!

Need new teeth? No problem. Need glasses? Thatís great. Need a new hip, knees, kidney, lungs or heart? Theyíre all covered. And, as an added bonus, your kids can come and visit you as often as they do now.

And who will be paying for all of this? Itís the same government that just told you that you they cannot afford for you to go into a home.

Plus, because you are a prisoner, you donít have to pay any income taxes anymore.

Is this a great country or what?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

We had an elder family member that had medicaid and medicare...she was an active 76 year old lady...she contracted renal failire and had to go in to dyalisis and due to a doctor mistake contracted a terminal condition. We could only have her 100 days in a facility and they had to transfer her to a different facility because medicaid would only cover 100 calendar days. so she would bounce from one facility to the other.
    and you can not go to the same one in one year...it was horrible. She got so bad that we ran out of facilities to take here in town, we had to admit her in a facility 300 miles away...we where driving it everyday to see her.

she past away in Feb 2012...we where there every day until the last minute...the patients, care takers and doctors are as frustrated as we are.

But that is the type of health care that the goverment provides now...just wait until 2014...you will not feel it until you need the correct service or the medicine that is 300 for 5 pills that is not covered by medicare or medicaid.

sad..she was a sweet lady...she helped everyone and expected nothing in return...I'm talking about my mother in-law.

many will think I' lying becuase nobody likes the mother in-law...well I liked here and miss her a lot... and I'm almost positive that if it was not for the transferes from one facility to another every 100 days...she would still be with us.

shoot I do not know why I'm typing this...I guess is to try to make people wake up...maybe her death was not in vain. Great loss for this country. A voter, a mother, grandmother, friend and pilar of my family.

R.I.P. Riva
    Invest a Day at the Citadel, learn to be safe forever.
    www.citadelinstitute.com

I had read your post and cried for your loss. I too love both my parents-in-laws to bits. We even bought a house near them so we can come and visit and take care of them every two weeks, weekly when they got too old. I help cleaned their house, cook for them, helped take care of their garden, take them for a walk down the lake everyday we see them. Mom fell while taking care of their neighbour's garden who went for a holiday. She broke her hips and her right leg and stayed in the hospital for a good while. Later on she was sent home, only to find that the doctors operated on the wrong hips and we can't sue the doctor who made a mistake. She developed alzheimer's disease later on. I embarked on my research about alzheimer's disease from then on. It was a long road for her as we watched her deteriorated that I had refused to go see her the way she was and just want to remember the way I always want to remember her and dad -- waving to us goodbye from behind their garage. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever met in my entire life. And dad loved her so much too cried on the first time she went to hospital. He said they had never been apart a single day they were married. Two beautiful people who taught me how to value life and how to raise my children, taught me how to garden. They are sadly missed by me especially.
    G'day and Glock

I was going to post a SA comment about 3 hots, a cot and a girlfriend named Bubba but after the last two ...
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO, Certified Basic Pistol and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

'Can't wait.... come on...do it! I dare you!
    G'day and Glock

We all need a smile after this...

I myself...had some quiet time...tucker's mom..thanks for the kind words dear lady.

I tip my hat to you
    Invest a Day at the Citadel, learn to be safe forever.
    www.citadelinstitute.com