The Floppy Disk means Save, 14 other old people Icons that don't make sense anymore
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

The Floppy Disk means Save, 14 other old people Icons that don't make sense anymore

This is a discussion on The Floppy Disk means Save, 14 other old people Icons that don't make sense anymore within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; Made sense to me... The Floppy Disk means Save, and 14 other old people Icons that don't make sense anymore ...

Default The Floppy Disk means Save, 14 other old people Icons that don't make sense anymore

Too long for an early morning read when I got millions of things to do but stopped for a while to rest my weary old butt going up and down the stairs (my kind of exercise...)........but that is a nice read...

Thanks for the link...I will read the rest later...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Pretty awesome. I was just thinking the other day, why is my save icon a floppy? No one uses floppies anymore. Though I do have some info I need to figure out how to transfer before the technology just completely disappears....
    Ton up!

I remember punch cards and paper tape.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

If he wasn't trying to be funny, and I think it was a tongue-in-cheek article then it was about the dumbest one I have read in quite a while. If someone can't figure out that an icon shape has no real meaning other than just being able to recognize if from all the others then they are probably the same ones that drive their car into the ocean when their GPS tells them to turn left. If you don't like the icons you see then change them, it isn't that hard to do.

Rino - I worked with the IBM 80 column punch cards a bit and paper tape too. Ahhh! change.

And yes FN it was a somewhat humorous view at some fond memories (for some of us at least). Sorry you thought it a waste of pen & ink. Oh well!

Punch Cards! Now that brings back memories!

We used the punch cards with "Fortran 4"...Remember that?
    The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

Yep. Remember that too.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Programming languages still use a code for a "carriage return."

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Funny stuff.
    My kids laugh at me because I just don't see the concept of Facebook. Yet they were the ones who were totally amazed with rotary dial telephone that was in an apartment I rented. Plus, they couldn't get the concept of dialing a letter and pulling your finger out of the device. Ha Ha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast