Cities scaling back or eliminating fireworks displays
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Cities scaling back or eliminating fireworks displays

This is a discussion on Cities scaling back or eliminating fireworks displays within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; Just reminiscing, this was my favorite time of the year back in the 50 and early 60's . School was ...

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Default Cities scaling back or eliminating fireworks displays

Just reminiscing, this was my favorite time of the year back in the 50 and early 60's .
    School was out, the days were long and everyone was shooting firecrackers. (Dixie Boys were my favorite)

As I got older we graduated to Silver Salutes, Cherry bombs and M80's.

They are totally illegal in the state I live in now, an M80 is probably considered an IED by the Feds and if you are caught with one you could end up in Gittmo.

Originally made illegal for the sake of the children and to save on Health Care Costs, allegedly. Can our guns and ammo be far behind using the same premise under Obama Care?

Oh well...I guess I'll just go the park and watch the town's fireworks display.

More cities scaling back or eliminating fireworks displays

whilst i've always loved the colorful explosions as i grew older and wiser realized we don't need this kind of entertainment to propagate the illusion of freedom .......
    but happy and safe 4th to you all anyways
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    whilst i've always loved the colorful explosions as i grew older and wiser realized we don't need this kind of entertainment to propagate the illusion of freedom .......
    Illusion of freedom? I think you nailed it.

dcselby1 is offline Denny

They're cutting back here this year simply because it is so damned dry.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

the ndaa bs obummer signed was like the last nail in the coffin of freedom pretty much imo and it won't matter if you carrying a pistol or not their weapons of mass destruction is no match for our handguns ........especially if they deem you a threat to their establishment.......they will take you down one way or another.......many scientists and whistle blowers have 'coincidently' died unexpectedly......... no doubt.......
    gun control is being able to hit your target

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

May as well quit celebrating the 4th. There isn't much left celebrate anyway.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

the__outlaw is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    May as well quit celebrating the 4th. There isn't much left celebrate anyway.
    Couldn't agree more. I'm actually just going to be working tomorrow. Fireworks can be as dangerous as guns in some drunk patriotic rednecks hands anyway. I'll keep my pistol ready just in case.

Independence Day should be a day to reflect and celebrate the sacrifice made by about 1/3 of the colonists.
    1/3 sacrificed their homes property and lives while 1/3 remained loyal to the king and the other third were happy to just on the sidelines and go with whom ever won.
    In the end we have allowed their sacrifice to be squandered and twisted into an over regulated, nanny state and national government.
    I fear that future generations will refer to Independence Day as the day that Will Smith saved the earth from the Martians.
    Even our idiot talking head in the media are talking about remembering our troops on this holiday.
    It seems as if talking about fighting against tyranny is not politically correct any more in the USA.

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Quote Originally Posted by the__outlaw View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I'm actually just going to be working tomorrow. Fireworks can be as dangerous as guns in some drunk patriotic rednecks hands anyway. I'll keep my pistol ready just in case.
    You, like your president, are nothing more than a pathetic liar and a fraud. Bet you don't own a pistol and I seriously doubt you have a job.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Quote Originally Posted by the__outlaw View Post

Who the fk are you?
    And why in the hell are you pretending to be me??
    Azzhole!
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast