God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality - Page 22
Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Like Tree932Likes

God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality

This is a discussion on God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by PestControl02 How can you say if a person chooses some other religion they'll burn for eternity? You ...

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by PestControl02 View Post
    How can you say if a person chooses some other religion they'll burn for eternity? You can't know God's intentions..this is His universe and everything in it is here for His reasons. It's entirely possible God inspired their books just the same as He inspired mine.

I believe and have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior.
    Both of these statements can not be true
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Ringo is offline Politically Incorrect

How can you say if a person chooses some other religion they'll burn for eternity? You can't know God's intentions.. It's entirely possible God inspired their books just the same as He inspired mine.
    What if God says they're all correct?
    God made His intentions very clear...Galatians 1:8.."But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned".
    God uses prophecy to prove He is who He says He is, and to authenticate all the warnings and the promises found in the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Both of these statements can not be true

sure they are
    one recognizes Gods unlimited awareness...we can't know His intentions. Truth

one states my personal belief. Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    God made His intentions very clear...Galatians 1:8.."But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned".
    Agreed. I leave it to God to judge who should be condemned.

Lots of words in this forum.
    I'm not going to add many.
    I am God.
    Eagleeyes knows the score. Listen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Greggatshack View Post
    Lots of words in this forum.
    I'm not going to add many.
    I am God.
    Eagleeyes knows the score. Listen to her.
    Thanks for that Gregg, eagle is awake and understands this reality better than most...ahead of her time even.

And yes, you are God, because I believe you are a perfect reflection of your creator.

shame you don't have more to add.

This thread was intended to be a solution based discussion on how & why our reality doesn't fit the beliefs that we have. And what can be done to better align ourselves to change this reality for the better.
    It's completely de-railed at this point..lol

When I read my Bible I get a story of selfless love for all..a love so unconditional that Jesus would suffer & die for our forgiveness, the ultimate sacrifice so that all mankind could find the narrow path back to our Father. It's inspirational & enlightening.

Seems though I am nearly alone in this belief..as most consider war & debt & condemnation to be the ultimate lessons of the Bible and this is certainly reflected in our reality today.

I have come to understand that each will choose their own path, I will not say a chosen path is wrong or right, only that with each choice comes the responsibility of it's outcome.

Ringo is offline Politically Incorrect

I have come to understand that each will choose their own path, I will not say a chosen path is wrong or right, only that with each choice comes the responsibility of it's outcome.
    Matthew7:13.."Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to DESTRUCTION, and MANY enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to LIFE, and only a FEW find it".
    God uses prophecy to prove He is who He says He is, and to authenticate all the warnings and the promises found in the Bible.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

This thread was intended to be a solution based discussion on how & why our reality doesn't fit the beliefs that we have.
    The problem is that your beliefs don't fit the reality we have

Reality number 1 Romans 3:23
    for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Reality number 2
    Acts 17:30-31
    New King James Version (NKJV)
    30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

Reality number three
    Rev. 20 11-15 The Great White Throne Judgment
    11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[c] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.[d] 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

All of these quotes were taken from a book that you stated was divinely inspired a book you claim to have read numerous times
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Matthew7:13.."Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to DESTRUCTION, and MANY enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to LIFE, and only a FEW find it".
    I know Ringo, considering we are on the path of destruction...as even the most casual look around will prove...I thought maybe it'd be a good time re-evaluate what we're doing individually that could help narrow the road.

again though, I leave judgement to The Almighty..I have no authority beyond myself, and I believe His plan will ultimately be fulfilled to His complete & total satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The problem is that your beliefs don't fit the reality we have

Reality number 1 Romans 3:23
    for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Reality number 2
    Acts 17:30-31
    New King James Version (NKJV)
    30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.

Reality number three
    Rev. 20 11-15 The Great White Throne Judgment
    11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[c] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.[d] 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

All of these quotes were taken from a book that you stated was divinely inspired a book you claim to have read numerous times
    Nothing I've said disputes a single word, in fact I fully agree with the quotes here.
    I'm only saying maybe we should consider what our, individual, "works" are...what are we, individually, doing to earn respect in the book of life.

or not. You don't have to do anything differently.

and, you are right, my beliefs are surely not in line with this degenerate, sick society. My desire is to change what I see through peaceful co-operation.

Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast