God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality - Page 23
Page 23 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Like Tree932Likes

God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality

This is a discussion on God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by PestControl02 we, individually, doing to earn respect in the book of life. Thats kinda the point you ...

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by PestControl02 View Post
    we, individually, doing to earn respect in the book of life.

Thats kinda the point you can't earn your way into that book

Ephesians 2:8
    For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

1 timothy 2 8-9
    Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began

The only way to get your name in the book is to put your trust in Jesus.

Jesus Himself stated that our main mission on this earth was to spread the Gospel not to build some utopia here

15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17

Matthew 28 18

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore[c] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Remember you said this book was Divinely inspired
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

shame you don't have more to add.

This thread was intended to be a solution based discussion on how & why our reality doesn't fit the beliefs that we have. And what can be done to better align ourselves to change this reality for the better.
    It's completely de-railed at this point..lol

When I read my Bible I get a story of selfless love for all..a love so unconditional that Jesus would suffer & die for our forgiveness, the ultimate sacrifice so that all mankind could find the narrow path back to our Father. It's inspirational & enlightening.

Seems though I am nearly alone in this belief..as most consider war & debt & condemnation to be the ultimate lessons of the Bible and this is certainly reflected in our reality today.

I have come to understand that each will choose their own path, I will not say a chosen path is wrong or right, only that with each choice comes the responsibility of it's outcome.
    It is not that I haven't got more to add, it is just that I can see that most here are deceived by themselves. They don't need a bible to understand what is right and wrong. That is already built into their mind. Trouble is that most people's greed and selfishness gets in the way of them interpreting what that is. In the same way they are "interpreting" the words in whatever "holy" book they purport to subscribe to in a way that supports what they want to believe. It is impossible to argue against such self will. Therefore I don't bother trying. I don't mind discussing these matters with people who can see the light but there is no point doing it with those who choose to keep their eyes firmly shut!

Quote Originally Posted by Greggatshack View Post
    It is not that I haven't got more to add, it is just that I can see that most here are deceived by themselves.
    Funny I feel exactly the same although probably w/ not quite the same emphasis

It is impossible to argue against such self will. Therefore I don't bother trying. I don't mind discussing these matters with people who can see the light but there is no point doing it with those who choose to keep their eyes firmly shut!
    Here too, I am in 100% agreement again, from a slightly different perspective
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Ringo is offline Politically Incorrect

it is just that I can see that most here are 1]deceived by themselves. They don't need a bible to understand what is right and wrong. That is already built into their mind. Trouble is that 2] most people's greed and selfishness gets in the way of them interpreting what that is. It is impossible to argue against such self will. I don't mind discussing these matters with people who can see the light but there is 3] no point doing it with those who choose to keep their eyes firmly shut!
    1] All lies begin with self deception.
    2] 2 Timothy 3
    3] For those who refuse to believe, no amount of proof is sufficient.
    Yesterday's Prophecies - Today's Headlines

Default Signs of the end of the age

Another dose of reality.

Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth

By Daymond Duck

For years, the EU worked on a constitution. They finally came up with one that omits all references to God and Christianity. Since the EU has been established by the United Nations as the model or pattern (the EU Model) for all other groups of nations to follow, every group of nations, including the group the United States winds up in (NAU), will eventually be expected to have a constitution that omits all references to God and Christianity. If the EU changes its constitution to appoint a new super-president of the EU, as they are now discussing, all of the other groups of nations will be expected to have a super-president. Thus, if there are ten groups of nations, each with a super-president, there will be ten super-presidents in the world (called ten kings or ten horns in the Bible) and the stage will be set for the eleventh one (the Antichrist). He will oppose those who believe in God and say that he is God.

In the United States, people have removed the Ten Commandments from America’s Courthouses and national parks. Some want to take “In God we trust” off of America’s money, “One nation under God” out of America’s pledge, etc.

In 2008, when Senator Obama was running for President of the United

States, he said, “Democracy demands that the religiously motivated translate their concerns into universal, rather than religion-specific values.” He was saying Democracy demands that Americans have universal or Global values instead of Christian, Muslim, Hindu or other religion-specific values. He added, “This (Global or non-Christian value or religious system) is going to be difficult for some who believe in the inerrancy of the Bible as many evangelicals do.”

In essence, the man who was running for President of the United States, and who is now running for re-election, said Christians need to change their values and religious system (what Christians believe about abortion, homosexuality, how to be saved, etc.) to get in line with Global values or a Global religious system. He even acknowledged that this change is going to be difficult for those who believe in the inerrancy of the Scriptures to do this. He seemed to be implying that it is wrong for Christians to believe in the inerrancy of the Scriptures, but those who do need to change to a more universal or Global religion.

It’s important to remember that Pres. Obama is a committed Globalist. During the first three years of his Administration, he hosted a wide variety of religious meetings at the White House including several Muslim events. While he was doing that, and with his blessing, various groups in his Administration cancelled (a fundamental change) Christian events, opposed the Defense of Marriage Act, opposed the National Day of Prayer, opposed military chaplains praying in Jesus name and things like that.

In January 2012, the President of the United States announced plans to require churches (another fundamental change) and church related institutions to fund abortions, pay for birth control pills, sterilizations and things like that even though those things violate some church religious beliefs and teachings. In May 2012, Pres. Obama voiced his support for same-sex unions (another fundamental change that he once opposed). Soon, the Full Platform Drafting Committee of the Democratic Party will meet to consider putting support for same-sex marriage in their 2012 party platform.

In February 2011, the United Nations started pushing interfaith worship. In June 2012, environmentalists in the United Nations called for the Ten Commandments to be rejected (change) and the UN Earth Charter to be accepted as the world’s governing moral code. Supporters hailed this as a new form of religion that is devoid of the notion of a Supreme Being.

“Fundamental change” in America’s religious system is being led by Pres. Obama. To the delight of many, he is bringing in his more universal and less religion-specific system. By the way, the Bible calls it Mystery Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth. It will morph (change) into Satan worship and everyone involved in it will regret the day they tried to legislate God out of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    Jeeze louise you probably do not realize it but you are actually quoting Jesus himself.
    wasn't quoting jesus at all but rather quoting myself lolz ye are the gods!!!!!!!
    gun control is being able to hit your target

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=Greggatshack;335199]They don't need a bible to understand what is right and wrong. That is already built into their mind. QUOTE]

Yeah sure...

That's why killing unborn babies is now acceptable, but killing a thug in self defense is unacceptable.
    Slothful Laziness is now 'rewarded' with taxpayer funded handouts, but hard work is 'punished' via heavy taxation.
    Lying & deception is now considered the 'smart thing to do' as opposed to speaking truthfully and plainly.
    Twisted minded pedophiles videotape themselves raping small children of all ages and usually get away with it.
    Etc....etc....

You are way off my friend...
    We 'all' need the teachings within the Bible and we all need to meditate and study on the Words of Yeshua (Jesus Christ) because what's allready built into the minds of mankind is wickedness.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

[QUOTE=The_Outlaw;342992]
    They don't need a bible to understand what is right and wrong. That is already built into their mind. QUOTE]

You are way off my friend...
    We 'all' need the teachings within the Bible and we all need to meditate and study on the Words of Yeshua (Jesus Christ) because what's allready built into the minds of mankind is wickedness.
    Actually no, he's not that far off

Romans 2:14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them

Jeremiah 17:9
    The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt: who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9)

Mark 7:21-23
    For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornication's, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile a man.

When I read my Bible I get a story of selfless love for all..a love so unconditional that Jesus would suffer & die for our forgiveness, the ultimate sacrifice so that all mankind could find the narrow path back to our Father. It's inspirational & enlightening.
    I think that we all get that message, at least I do.

Seems though I am nearly alone in this belief..as most consider war & debt & condemnation to be the ultimate lessons of the Bible and this is certainly reflected in our reality today.
    The Bible says a multitude of things. The beauty of eternal life for those who believe. There are also predictions of what is in store for those who do not find the narrow path back to our Father.

We as Christians are ordered to witness Jesus Christ. Whether one chooses to emphasize the beauty in store for believers, or the ugliness in store for the non-believers, there is one thing for certain. All of this will come to pass.

I have come to understand that each will choose their own path, I will not say a chosen path is wrong or right, only that with each choice comes the responsibility of it's outcome.
    That is my understanding of the Second Covenant, one's individual relationship with God through Jesus Christ. "Collective salvation" does not apply.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Page 23 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast