God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality - Page 3
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree932Likes

God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality

This is a discussion on God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by golocx4 God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality to me means FAITH Either you have Faith ...

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality to me means FAITH
    Either you have Faith or you don't.
    Seek and you will find.
    Faith is not belonging to a particular sect or religion.
    You either put your faith in man or God.
    The founders put their faith in God.
    Now we have all but eliminated God from what they founded because of a group of people that are threatened by those with faith in God.
    50 years ago I was told that the day was coming when I would have to choose, like Peter, either deny Christ or be put to death.
    I never thought I would live to see it in the USA but today we either deny Christ or we are ridiculed and vilified by the progressive left can a worse punishment be far behind?
    yeah..good stuff.

I consider my faith solid, what I'm not seeing is it's collective manifestation in reality...like talk is cheap..anyone can say they love God, but it seems so few actually practice their faith as a lifestyle
    not saying im some kind of saint or better than anyone else.
    but- I can see that theres a massive divide, even though we have multiple common interests, by joining in these common interests instead of opposing everything and everybody.

Take homosexuality as an example, to me it's clear that it's not normal, I don't need the Bible to tell me that...lol..I can however respect an individuals right to choose their own particular brand of happiness (especially as an American), and I can also respect the individual as a human being (love my neighbor).

Isn't the common interest(individual rights) and the human being more important than a specific behavior?

it's a divide we could close by putting our beliefs into reality and thereby strengthening ourselves and those around us.

not sure if that makes any sense but- it's what I'm thinking.

And my thanks to all for the comments, It is encouraging.

being a homosexual is normal for homosexuals just like being hetro is normal for hetrosexuals
    'not that there is anything wrong with it' rotflmao
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    being a homosexual is normal for homosexuals just like being hetro is normal for hetrosexuals
    'not that there is anything wrong with it' rotflmao
    I'll respectfully disagree. This is another belief that doesn't square with reality...boys and girls are naturally meant to be together.

I blame a lot of it on the food, like the hormones pumped into cows, fluoride in the water, etc.. and the un-natural state we live in where everything is commercialized and fake...it's so broken from what we really are..seems to me, a lot of these kids are just lost.

Psalm Of David. 144:1

1 Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

There is a time for this.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Shoobee is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PestControl02 View Post
    I'll respectfully disagree. This is another belief that doesn't square with reality...boys and girls are naturally meant to be together.

I blame a lot of it on the food, like the hormones pumped into cows, fluoride in the water, etc.. and the un-natural state we live in where everything is commercialized and fake...it's so broken from what we really are..seems to me, a lot of these kids are just lost.
    The Bible has a lot of rules, which date back to Moses in 1400 BC, to which Jesus added a several more in 30 AD, and then St Paul added more still in 60 AD.

If you want to follow the Bible, then there are a lot of things you must do, and a lot of things you must not do.

I'll make a short list of some that come to mind:

- be fruitful, multiply, replenish the Earth
    - in the sweat of thy face shall thou eat bread
    - six days shalt thou labor
    - thou shalt rest on the seventh day
    - no other gods before YHVH
    - neither make nor bow down to graven images
    - keep the name of YHVH holy
    - honor your parents
    - not murder
    - no relations with another man's wife
    - not steal
    - not falsely accuse
    - not covet anything that is your neighbor's
    - love YHVH with all your heart
    - love your neighbor as yourself
    - render to Caesar that which is Caesar's
    - render to Theos that which is Theos'
    - judge not others
    - forgive others
    - do unto others as you would have them do unto you, because as you do unto others so shall it be done unto you
    - not marry a woman and her daughter
    - no relations with beasts
    - no same sex relations.

If you live alone on an island, you can do whatever you want. But if you live in society, you have to follow rules. Most people choose their own rules, hoping those keep them within the law of the land. Others constantly break rules and laws then end up in jail or prison.

It is good to carefully choose your own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    Psalm Of David. 144:1

1 Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

There is a time for this.
    I had to look it up..and I have to agree, there is a time.
    I can only say that I was born in 1971 and our country has been in conflict pretty much my whole life..whether war was declared, and more commonly, when it's not.

It's prudent to be prepared to defend ourselves, but isn't there some responsibility to not attack others?
    Is constant, never-ending warfare really God's intention for us?

And how do we rationalize the debt we use to do it? endless borrowing is definitely not of the Lord.
    I believe a well organized militia is all we need to properly defend our Nation., we can stand against any aggressor and maintain a moral standard of peace.

thanks for your comment

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    The Bible has a lot of rules, which date back to Moses in 1400 BC, to which Jesus added a several more in 30 AD, and then St Paul added more still in 60 AD.

If you want to follow the Bible, then there are a lot of things you must do, and a lot of things you must not do.

I'll make a short list of some that come to mind:

- be fruitful, multiply, replenish the Earth
    - in the sweat of thy face shall thou eat bread
    - six days shalt thou labor
    - thou shalt rest on the seventh day
    - no other gods before YHVH
    - neither make nor bow down to graven images
    - keep the name of YHVH holy
    - honor your parents
    - not murder
    - no relations with another man's wife
    - not steal
    - not falsely accuse
    - not covet anything that is your neighbor's
    - love YHVH with all your heart
    - love your neighbor as yourself
    - render to Caesar that which is Caesar's
    - render to Theos that which is Theos'
    - judge not others
    - forgive others
    - do unto others as you would have them do unto you, because as you do unto others so shall it be done unto you
    - not marry a woman and her daughter
    - no relations with beasts
    - no same sex relations.

If you live alone on an island, you can do whatever you want. But if you live in society, you have to follow rules. Most people choose their own rules, hoping those keep them within the law of the land. Others constantly break rules and laws then end up in jail or prison.

It is good to carefully choose your own rules.
    Not sure I'm following you, I'm not saying choose your own rules, just that belief and reality should be more in line with each other, and in my opinion, this is causing the decay we are seeing & feeling everywhere around us. We believe a certain thing but our reality doesn't reflect it..thus, a "short circuit" if you will.
    dividing rather than uniting

I do not believe nation building works; it just puts us in another conflict.
    If we need military actions then we do it, and keep the politicians out of it till the war is over.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    I do not believe nation building works; it just puts us in another conflict.
    If we need military actions then we do it, and keep the politicians out of it till the war is over.
    nice, this belief fits the reality..it doesnt work, it's served to makes things considerably worse. and the notion of spreading freedom at gun-point is laughable.

We share a common interest, I think by recognizing this we have already changed the world a little bit, thank you.

And please dont keep the politicians out of it..lol..oh no, they go first..let them lace their boots and lead the charge..haha...no i'm joking, in reality they're cowards :)

Reading the word is the start, next, Christ said: "you must take up your cross and follow me". We must personally know Christ. Confess our sins, ask Christ to come into your life as your master and savior, be baptized thus receiving the Holy Spirit. He will then instruct you as you read His word. Resist being indoctrinated however. God is not confused. We must not take a lot of mans ideas and then try to fit them into His word. We must honestly divide His word. The we will slowly become an effective follower of Christ. We don't want Jesus to look at us and say "depart from me I never knew you." on the day of judgement (When you die). I want Him to say " Well done good and faithful servant, now enter into the place my Father has prepared for you." Isn't that what you want? signed Bryan All American

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast