God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality - Page 37
Page 37 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Like Tree932Likes

God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality

This is a discussion on God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by BC1 Because rumor says so, right? I have a NYC and NYS permit. They are two different ...

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Because rumor says so, right? I have a NYC and NYS permit. They are two different permits. The state and city aren't governed by the same laws. The NYC permit was not hard to get and does require renewal, but I'm comparing a NY STATE CCW permit to a Maine STATE CCW permit. You can't carry in NYC without a permit for good reason. 8 million people walking around in a 4 X 12 mile space can't open up in self-defense. Want to carry? Get a permit. It expires just the same as maine. Having spent a lot of time there I agree with this law so I suport the permit process. And we don't want to OC. That's an entirely different issue. And anyone who knows Brooklyn and some of the ghettos understands you wouldn't get one block on foot. They'll kill you for your wallet. For your watch. For nothing more than a thought passing through your head. You ain't in Maine. But if you believe that 8 million people should walk around OC then I prefer you stay there. Remember, homey gets whatever rights you have. You want homey to legally OC by the millions? You want homey to have a .50 cal fully automatic? You haven't much experience with homey do you?
    I live right outside DC when DC was the murder capital of the USA. I worked in DC doing demos in SE a place that at that time made the worst part of NYC look like a kids playground. My company had 24 full time armed guards 50 to 10 at night when the workers where at home this was a requirement of my insurance company at at time. So yes I know about crime. I also can read and the second says the PEOPLE have the right to keep and bear arms it has no exceptions for population density. You support "gun control" then that is your right but do not try to justify restricting any Americans access to firearm for ANY reason.

Quote Originally Posted by maine04619 View Post
    I live right outside DC when DC was the murder capital of the USA. I worked in DC doing demos in SE a place that at that time made the worst part of NYC look like a kids playground. My company had 24 full time armed guards 50 to 10 at night when the workers where at home this was a requirement of my insurance company at at time. So yes I know about crime. I also can read and the second says the PEOPLE have the right to keep and bear arms it has no exceptions for population density. You support "gun control" then that is your right but do not try to justify restricting any Americans access to firearm for ANY reason.
    It's real easy Maine. No one is inviting you into NY. Enter at will. Or don't. No one cares. I'd rather have the business and earnings of NY than OC and buy a full auto. In the meantime go have a beer armed and see what happens.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    It's real easy Maine. No one is inviting you into NY. Enter at will. Or don't. No one cares. I'd rather have the business and earnings of NY than OC and buy a full auto. In the meantime go have a beer armed and see what happens.
    I already own several MG'S along with a home and land as far as I can see. I can go in my yard anytime I want and shoot for hours on end. I do not go to NY I don't travel out of Maine much anymore I have all I want need here. Though I do go to Wanenmacher's and Shot every year. I do not drink either. If you want o buy a FA let me know what your looking for I can get them here now and again for much less then city prices. Just so you know I get invited to NY all the time I have many friends both in the city and surrounding areas.

Quote Originally Posted by maine04619 View Post
    I already own several MG'S along with a home and land as far as I can see. I can go in my yard anytime I want and shoot for hours on end. I do not go to NY I don't travel out of Maine much anymore I have all I want need here. Though I do go to Wanenmacher's and Shot every year. I do not drink either. If you want o buy a FA let me know what your looking for I can get them here now and again for much less then city prices. Just so you know I get invited to NY all the time I have many friends both in the city and surrounding areas.
    We're actually trying to get to NC. We have 62 acres near Hendersonville and I want to build a post, beam and stone house there. I have the plans and want to start but am holding off until spring at this point. I need to sell one house in NY before I build and I'm nervous about leaving the rentals in the hands of a rental company should times go bad. These are uncertain times.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Ringo is offline Politically Incorrect

Default Sguaring Belief With Reality-Present Day

The head of the Muslim Brotherhood says the creation of the Jewish state of Israel was the worst catastrophe to ever hit this world
    – Jimmy DeYoung

Mohammed Badie who is the Muslim Brotherhood's general guide, the head of this Islamic terror group, has stated the worst catastrophe to ever befall the peoples of this world was the creation of the modern day state of Israel. The Muslim Brotherhood leader has called on Arab forces to confront Israel and reminded his followers of the movement's sacrifices in efforts to destroy the Jewish state.

Jimmy's Prophetic Prospective on the News

A call by the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood for the Arab forces to be ready to sacrifice even life itself in order to destroy the Jewish state of Israel is a page out of Bible prophecy for the end of times.

Mohammed Badie is the head of the Muslim Brotherhood and he believes that the Jews have no right to have a state in the land of their forefathers, the modern day state of Israel. This cry is echoing across the Arab world with an ever increasing intensity in the demand to destroy Israel. It is no surprise to students of Bible prophecy that there is a call for the Jewish state to be destroyed and this demand is actually evidence that Bible prophecy is about to be fulfilled.

Contrary to Mohammed Badie's statement that the modern day creation of Israel is the world's greatest catastrophe, the Bible says that it would happen because the Lord swore by His own name that indeed it would happen, Ezekiel 36:22. The prophecy of the valley of dry bones that watched as these bones came together and with skin covering these newly connected bones, two-thirds of Ezekiel's prophecy in Ezekiel 37 was fulfilled in our day, Ezekiel 37:1-10. Verse 11 of that same passage indicates that these dry bones are the whole house of Israel which has resulted in the modern day Jewish nation.

Ezekiel 38 foretells of a coalition of Arab and Islamic nations that will try to destroy Israel and chapter 39 reveals this alignment of nations will be destroyed instead and the Jewish state will live on forever.
    AMERICA...Harmless To It's Enemies - Treacherous To It's Friends

I wonder where Mr. Badie will be when his little baddies are sacrificing their lives? Let's see, now... Where have I heard the phrase "Lead from the rear?"
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Default The Rise of the Remnant Church - By Tucker Whitaker -

Definition: Remnant – that which remains, or is set apart. A distinct part of a larger whole.

In these last days, I believe God is still doing a work that will impact the world. I believe He is calling out a Holy Remnant Church, dedicated to Jesus Christ and focused on doing His work during these last days. I believe God is raising up a church that is committed to Him and His cause who are a holy remnant, a group of people who are steadfast and sure of their God.

The Remnant Church I’m speaking of has no relationship to replacement theology, nor to the Adventist remnant theology, nor to the theology of the modern day Judaizers who claim to be Christians yet require adherence to Old Testament Jewish laws. The Remnant Church is at the core of the True Church... the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ set apart from the apostate churches that dominate the world today. Today, many are witnessing, and are becoming a part of an interesting phenomenon, where folks are leaving the structure and security of “traditional” organized churches, denominations and memberships, to follow hard after God. This extraordinary migration is little understood by establishment Christianity. Today, the mainstream churches have turned away from the gospel and are full of wickedness; they have embraced the world and humanistic ideals. In what were the houses of God, there is no power or spiritual authority, and in fact, there is no presence of the Lord at all. But I believe there is a remnant of people, a Remnant Church, comprised of those who are diligently seeking to understand the scriptures, all of God’s Word.

I believe the Remnant Church is made up of a small proportion of God’s people at the end of time that is clinging to the unadulterated Gospel, Faith and Doctrines of the early Christian Church. The Remnant Church is comprised of people who have not allowed pagan ideas, humanistic ideas, other religions or idols to have been introduced into their beliefs or worship as it has in many mainstream churches. The Remnant Church will stand on the Word of God alone. This Remnant Church is made up of people who are shutting out the things of this world and turning to the things of God. They are hearing the Word of God, listening to the Holy Spirit, understanding Bible Prophecy, and understanding the need to tell the rest of the world that judgment is about to fall on their wicked godless world. The Scripture tells us, that the last days, are "perilous times" for the people of God, and are marked by the ungodly living of some of those who call themselves Christians. 2 Tim. 3:1-5 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

The mainstream and denominational churches, the seeker friendly, emergent, and prosperity churches are far from what God envisioned them to be. Entire denominations and religious movements today operate without the Holy Spirit. They are spiritually bankrupt without the presence of Jesus, showing no evidence of spiritual gifts or fruit. They practice a form of godliness devoid of power or conviction which gives no hope of eternal salvation. They are comfortable with the world and are more social and political than spiritual. They appease sin, teach spiritual tolerance and diversity, and deny the authority of the Bible, while casting away all teaching about repentance, heaven, hell, and judgment. They have abandoned Biblical Prophecy for modern relevancy and Replacement Theology believing all prophecy is already fulfilled or that it is all allegory or at very worst that God has abandoned His covenant relationship and promises to His chosen people Israel. By making any or all of these unbiblical claims they prove their own ignorance of scripture and prophetic truth. They prove the very prophecy they deny. Their ignorance is confirmed and prophesied in the writings of the prophet Daniel. First he is told to “shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end:”. Daniel 12:4 and then He is told “Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand”. Daniel 12:9-10

While the “natural man” or unsaved man finds the scripture foolishness, the Spirit filled man understands prophecy because having the Holy Spirit he has the “mind of Christ. This is the call to the Remnant Church, to rightly divide the Word, follow righteousness, to stand for Christ. I believe that even now the Lord is preparing His Remnant Church, an army of believers after His own heart, a church that has turned away from the deadness and sin of the modern church. I believe we are called to be a part of this Remnant Church, and I believe we are being called out for these last days, and I believe this church can be on fire for the Lord, and it can rock the very foundations of hell. No power on earth will be able to ignore the Spiritual authority of this Remnant Church, and Satan will not be able to stand against it! AMEN!

Even So Come!

Default God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    I know in my heart that it was Jesus who saved me on that night because the terrifying incident happened to me when I was still an athiest. I understand that my experience probably sounds crazy, but I am not crazy and I was completely sober when it happened to me.

In the winter of 1994, I was living alone in an apartment in Eagle Rock, California. I was physically attacked by an invisible but physically very real entity while I was lying in my bed. Whatever this entity was I know one thing for sure, it was 'pure evil'. When all else failed and I was about to literally breathe my last breath, I finally (out of pure desperation) called out the name of Jesus, in that moment I was 'instantly' released from the physical attack of this entity. I then felt the most wonderful & loving presence enter my room and it eased all of my fears. I now believe that this loving presence was either Jesus Christ or an Angel sent down by Christ to help me in that darkest hour.

I have shared this story with many people since that night, but most people think that I am either crazy or I am making it up.
    I have absolutely nothing to gain by making up such a story and I know that I am just as sane as the next guy.
    I know what happened to me on that night was 'very real' and I know that whenever the Spirit moves me to share this story with others, then I 'must' share this story.

Just because I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord & Saviour does not make me a saint in any way. I still have a bad temper, I still curse like a sailor, I still like to look at other women and I still like to gamble. But I will 'always' speak the truth.

Why do I carry a handgun?
    Because Jesus has blessed me with enough common sense to know that we live in a world that is full of evil people. Some of those evil people would not hesitate to kill you for your wallet. The Lord helps those who help themselves.
    You have peompted me to tell my own "supernataural" story in support of your revealing yours. I drive tractor trailer. Late one night traveling through Pa. one a long stretch of four lane under construction I was presented the proof of the reality of God. I had struggled with doubts of the truth of the Bible. This section of road had two lanes closed off and north/south traffic put together on the other two lanes. there were no barriers betweent just the yellow line. I and another driver were headed south and a tractor trailer was aproaching going north when as he aproached, he suddenly crossed the yellow line. I had only time to cry out to God/Jesus as his drivers side parking light dissapeared over my hood, and everything went black and suddenly he was going away in my rearview mirror. I thought it was only my tired perception of a near headon collision, untill the driver behind me called on the CB to ask if I was OK. He was addament that we had collided. He insisted over and over that the other truck went right through half of my truck. He was only a couple hundred feet behind me. The other driver called and apologized because he dropped his lit cigerette in his lap and never even saw me untill he too looked back in his mirror. God has our days numbered. It aint over till He says it is over. I'm living proof.

Great story Mountain man!

But, there are people here that will doubt what you say & try to convince you it was all in your head. I just pray that one day God will make himself real to these people as well.

-

Page 37 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast