How your bank account could disappear...?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

How your bank account could disappear...?

This is a discussion on How your bank account could disappear...? within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; How Your Bank Account Could Disappear...

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Default How your bank account could disappear...?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Default How your bank account could disappear...?

That's why it's better to use a credit union.

They can't seize customer's money. Putting your money in a bank doesn't make it theirs; another institution seizing that money from your account would be fraud.

That said, yes, credit unions are usually a better bet than the big banks.

I don't have any bank account...no credit card...no debit card. I deal in cash or money order only.

I think someone else posted here in a different thread(paraphrasing) if you cant guard it with your battle rifle..it's not yours lol

This article brings up other great points..like..

the collaborator media completely failing to properly inform the public...again.

and capitalism died the day bush "bailed out" these leeches.

and that there is NO justice in the USA at this point in time.

I've been trying to use cash more and more... trying to get away from relying on my debit/credit card. I am military so I have to have a direct deposit account for my pay(at least as far as I've researched).

I've been "getting away from" the dollar more and more. Investing in tangibles(no gold or silver though). I'd like to get some pre-1965 dimes though, I think they could be useful when/if hyperinflation sets in and nobody is accepting the dollar.
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

Quote Originally Posted by PestControl02 View Post
    I don't have any bank account...no credit card...no debit card. I deal in cash or money order only.

I think someone else posted here in a different thread(paraphrasing) if you cant guard it with your battle rifle..it's not yours lol
    How do you get paid and how do you cash checks? You say you use money orders as well. You are costing yourself money by not using a bank/credit union and/or credit cards. It isn't difficult to use them and not lose everything. Your approach just seems a little extreme, especially for somebody that apparently has a computer and internet access.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I'd like to get some pre-1965 dimes though, I think they could be useful when/if hyperinflation sets in and nobody is accepting the dollar.
    If the dollar loses its value, nothing based on money is worth anything either. Currency has no intrinsic value.

Quote Originally Posted by cawpin View Post
    If the dollar loses its value, nothing based on money is worth anything either. Currency has no intrinsic value.
    Precious metals will, history shows that humans like precious metals... don't know why(I don't), but we humans do. Pre-1965 dimes are about 70% silver, and that's what people like.

Quote Originally Posted by cawpin View Post
    How do you get paid and how do you cash checks? You say you use money orders as well. You are costing yourself money by not using a bank/credit union and/or credit cards. It isn't difficult to use them and not lose everything. Your approach just seems a little extreme, especially for somebody that apparently has a computer and internet access.
    I cash my checks at the bank they're drawn from.

and yeah, it does cost a bit more and its a real pain in the butt and it's extreme..lol
    but- having spent some time learning about fractional reserve banking...I feel it's my duty to reject this unfair system.
    also, bank accounts are used to track & trace activities that I feel are no ones business but mine, not that I'm breaking any laws but I consider my privacy a right.
    and lastly, bank accounts are much easier to seize..say from irs...they may make a mistake and say I owe money that I don't owe..they could just help themselves without my knowledge. Or even a bank holiday might restrict my access to my money.

In the larger picture I see the approach of a cashless system where everything is tracked- and again I feel a duty to reject it.

Probably seems paranoid- but considering that lunatics are in charge I feel better safe than sorry

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Precious metals will, history shows that humans like precious metals... don't know why(I don't), but we humans do. Pre-1965 dimes are about 70% silver, and that's what people like.
    I understand people like precious metals but I was talking about emergency times, hence intrinsic value. Precious metals have no value at all except to be made into weapons, which other metals are better for.

Quote Originally Posted by PestControl02 View Post
    I cash my checks at the bank they're drawn from.

and yeah, it does cost a bit more and its a real pain in the butt and it's extreme..lol
    but- having spent some time learning about fractional reserve banking...I feel it's my duty to reject this unfair system.
    also, bank accounts are used to track & trace activities that I feel are no ones business but mine, not that I'm breaking any laws but I consider my privacy a right.
    and lastly, bank accounts are much easier to seize..say from irs...they may make a mistake and say I owe money that I don't owe..they could just help themselves without my knowledge. Or even a bank holiday might restrict my access to my money.
    I completely understand the privacy as a right thing, I feel the same way. I just don't see not having a bank account as an option, or even helpful regarding privacy. Also, your point about the IRS is kind of moot. If you don't have any assets in a bank they'll simply take your property.

Good luck with your goal, I just can't do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast