is America still the best? The most honest 3.5 mins of television ever!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

is America still the best? The most honest 3.5 mins of television ever!

This is a discussion on is America still the best? The most honest 3.5 mins of television ever! within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; but true....

Default is America still the best? The most honest 3.5 mins of television ever!

but true.

When they talk about where we place academically nobody mentions that the scores of most foreign countries are from select students. In a lot of other countries the High Schools only take top students on a competitive basis,the cream of the crop. Our test scores include all students, even those in the inner city where the focus might lean more to staying alive then reading and all. Not an excuse for poor performance there but their scores are counted along with all the others.
    He laments for the good old days when we used to be the best country ( I believe we still are ) but wasn't that back when respect for teachers and "your elders" was held as important? Think what you want but just to be accurate back then prayer in school was still allowed which gave many kids the idea that there was a power higher then themselves to be accountable to and the driving any idea of God out of every aspect of our lives wasn't the national pastime of the moral liberals? Whether you agree with abortion or not, for perspective in those good old days when we were the greatest country as he says abortion was not legal. Maybe people held life to a higher standard back then. Just some thoughts. Think what you want. This post was not really about God or abortion but just a timeline and perspective back to when he thought we were the greatest country!
    NRA Life Member

araczynski is offline NotASheep.Enabled = True;

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    When they talk about where we place academically nobody mentions that the scores of most foreign countries are from select students. In a lot of other countries the High Schools only take top students on a competitive basis,the cream of the crop. Our test scores include all students, even those in the inner city where the focus might lean more to staying alive then reading and all. Not an excuse for poor performance there but their scores are counted along with all the others.
    He laments for the good old days when we used to be the best country ( I believe we still are ) but wasn't that back when respect for teachers and "your elders" was held as important? Think what you want but just to be accurate back then prayer in school was still allowed which gave many kids the idea that there was a power higher then themselves to be accountable to and the driving any idea of God out of every aspect of our lives wasn't the national pastime of the moral liberals? Whether you agree with abortion or not, for perspective in those good old days when we were the greatest country as he says abortion was not legal. Maybe people held life to a higher standard back then. Just some thoughts. Think what you want. This post was not really about God or abortion but just a timeline and perspective back to when he thought we were the greatest country!
    ...or, politicians had respect for the offices they held and didn't answer solely to corporations, lobbyists, industries, or the vatican.

anyway, thanks for reminding me i wanted to watch the show and forgot all about it :)

Quote Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
    ...or, politicians had respect for the offices they held and didn't answer solely to corporations, lobbyists, industries, or the vatican.
    They have always answered to corporations, lobbyists, industries, but the Vatican? Really? More Catholic bashing..great.
    BTW many call the NRA a lobbyist organization. I for one am glad they lobby for me.
    NRA Life Member

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

If you haven't, I suggest reading the book After America by Mark Steyn. He covered many topics that I saw in the video and then some, he brought up a lot of good points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    If you haven't, I suggest reading the book After America by Mark Steyn. He covered many topics that I saw in the video and then some, he brought up a lot of good points.
    I read both Steyn books. AMERICA ALONE The end of the world as we know it and the follow up After America. Both great must reads. Among other books I an currently reading Beck's COWARDS which puts things in a nice more or less listed order.
    NRA Life Member

araczynski is offline NotASheep.Enabled = True;

They have always answered to corporations, lobbyists, industries, but the Vatican? Really? More Catholic bashing..great.
    BTW many call the NRA a lobbyist organization. I for one am glad they lobby for me.
    perhaps 'answered' wasn't the correct terms, probably should have said 'did their bidding', which is all they do now, lest they find themselves without millions to run for reelection.

i'm not catholic bashing, i'm religion bashing :) just seems the right side parrots whatever the vatican says just to secure that voting demographic.

Ringo is offline Absolute Truth

What In The World Is Wrong With American Kids?
    22 Statistics That Prove That The American Dream Is Being Systematically Destroyed
    The World Isn't Falling Apart, It's Falling Into Place
    ~ God uses prophecy to prove He is who He says He is, and to authenticate all the warnings and promises found in the Bible ~

Ringo is offline Absolute Truth

The World Isn't Falling Apart, It's Falling Into Place
    ~ God uses prophecy to prove He is who He says He is, and to authenticate all the warnings and promises found in the Bible ~

Best and brightest is a subjective analogy IMO.

America is in moral decline and it's religion of choice is becoming secular humanism.

If you know your factual history, we're going the way of Rome as a society and nation.

Nuff said.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast