OKAY! What if this happened in the USA?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

OKAY! What if this happened in the USA?

This is a discussion on OKAY! What if this happened in the USA? within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; SHTF or not Roughly 49% of the population in India lost power. What if 49% of US lost power for ...

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Default OKAY! What if this happened in the USA?

SHTF or not
    Roughly 49% of the population in India lost power.

What if 49% of US lost power for an extended time?

ELECTRICITY GRIDS FAIL ACROSS HALF OF INDIA

Remember that everything we touch, eat, drink, wear, or pick up with our hands came on a truck.

The Trucks got it from somewhere else to bring it to where you could purchase it.

Imagine NY City in the dark with no way to replenish the Starbucks Stores. We are talking Zombies here people.

No electricity in India is not as big a deal as no power in Major East Coast cities.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

~OtisM~ is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    SHTF or not
    Roughly 49% of the population in India lost power.

What if 49% of US lost power for an extended time?

ELECTRICITY GRIDS FAIL ACROSS HALF OF INDIA

Remember that everything we touch, eat, drink, wear, or pick up with our hands came on a truck.

The Trucks got it from somewhere else to bring it to where you could purchase it.

Imagine NY City in the dark with no way to replenish the Starbucks Stores. We are talking Zombies here people.

No electricity in India is not as big a deal as no power in Major East Coast cities.
    Trucks run on diesel fuel, not electric. I didn't know Indians had so many electric trucks.

I would sit tight and eat my MREs

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
    Trucks run on diesel fuel, not electric. I didn't know Indians had so many electric trucks.

Ahh yes but The pumps that pump the diesel run on Electricity and the motors that run the conveyors, and the lights in the warehouses and on and on.
    Point being that the supply chain would be down. Large Metro Areas are totally dependent on that supply chain.
    The parts of the country with power may be okay for a while but eventually they too would become short of some things.

Keeping inline with this forum. Imagine being in Chicago or New York or Boston etc.
    No power, no trains, no traffic, no heat or AC, no food, no police, etc.
    Will people just sit and wait or will there be pandemonium?
    Who will become the zombies? Who will be able to defend themselves? Who will have the guns?
    The Starbucks Crowd, the urban youths, the suburbanites?
    Imagine if you will the Seinfield crew in the dark for a couple of weeks, now multiply that by 5 million.

Places I wouldn't want to be when the power goes off.
    On a sub way train, in an elevator, in a shoe store, in an Appliance Store.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

araczynski is offline NotASheep.Enabled = True;

but think of all the great laws that wouldn't get passed because politicians couldn't verify the payoffs hit the offshore bank accounts.

Otis You get so much wrong. Try thinking your posts through before you try to baffle us with your BS because you are certainly not dazzling us with your brilliance.
    THANK YOU GOLOCX4 for setting him straight.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post

Is it true you only have an electric can opener?
    NRA Life Member

Imagine being in Chicago or New York or Boston etc.
    That's a horrifying thought even when the electricity is on. I avoid those places at all costs.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Shoobee is offline Banned

Anyone anywhere could be zombied at any time by anything --

- nuclear power plant meltdown

- flooding

- wildfires

- earthquake

- tidal wave

- tornado

- hurricane

- crazed schizo shooter at the theatre or school or burger joint or job site or church

- flu pandemic

- WW3

So praise the Lord and pass the ammo whenever siit hits the fan.

I think that's why I prepare for such things, I don't consider myself a prepper or survivalist. Just want to make it through the hard times. I think it's good to know how to make fire other than using a lighter. It will be uncomfortable if it is winter or the middle of summer but people can survive. They used to do it all the time, my grandparents used oil lamps for light at times.

There were storm's recently that the power was out for a couple of days, made me think of what it would be like to not have power for a extended period of time. I have a hand crank can opener in every bag I have, I don't want to have to dull my knife opening a can. I guess I sound crazy but oh well I have been called crazy for less.lol

Shoobee is offline Banned

At a minimum, everyone needs the following:

- 72 hour kit with nonperishable food in it;

- preplanned escape route with maps;

- gas tank always at least 1/2 full;

- sleeping roll;

- tent;

- lots of water in jugs;

- defense handgun and ammo.

That's the short list.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast