~Mars Rover Landing...Fact or Faked?~ - Page 2

View Poll Results: Mars Rover Landing...Fact or Faked??

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fact.

17 70.83%
  • Faked.

0 0%
  • Undecided.

3 12.50%
  • The Moon is made out of cheese.

4 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

~Mars Rover Landing...Fact or Faked?~

This is a discussion on ~Mars Rover Landing...Fact or Faked?~ within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by fstroupe I guess that it really doesn't matter to me if it was faked or not. Maybe ...

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    I guess that it really doesn't matter to me if it was faked or not. Maybe I would prefer if it was faked. The money was wasted just as much if the thing is floating out in space under no control, or if it actually landed perfectly and is functional. Totally and completely wasted.

The money would have been much better spent on a dozen nuclear power plants, and the remainder spent on wounded American veterans.

IMO every penny spent on the space exploration program since probably 1980 has been wasted. Just a national "stimulus program".
    I would say not "national Stimulus" but National Pride, AKA look at what we did.... The space program has spearheaded new sciences, and materials that were invented for the space program and were sent to the civilian market, so it has not been a total wash, pricey but not a waste...
    Were we on the moon??? well in the paper yesterday there was a story of how they are able to see the American flags left behind by 5 of the 6 missions, (they burned some space telescope time) as well as the equipment left behind, slightly hard to fake that, but there is photo shop....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

araczynski is offline NotASheep.Enabled = True;

mars my arse, the earth is flat, and the sun revolves around it. don't let them tell you otherwise!

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    We know that there is a percentage of people who actually think that the Apollo Moon Landings were faked.
    So in the spirit of questioning all that we are spoon fed by the main-stream media, what say you on this topic?
    Mars Rover Landing....Fact or faked??

Curiosity rover scores touchdown on Mars - Technology & science - Space - NBCNews.com
    I ain't sure. Did they see bigfoot up there?
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
    mars my arse, the earth is flat, and the sun revolves around it. don't let them tell you otherwise!
    Don't tell Obama or he'll try and tax it!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

dcselby1 is offline Denny

I don't think two billion would build many power plants, though. And, to Eagleeyes, where is Tesla's free energy?
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Is there oil on Mars? Can we build a pipeline? What practical purpose did this serve?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    Is there oil on Mars? Can we build a pipeline? What practical purpose did this serve?
    who gives a crap about oil, besides the oil companies and politicians. the sooner we run out of the crap the sooner we'll get to working on better alternatives, in force.

as for practical purpose, whether you like it or not, sooner or later there will be colonies on mars. the sooner we start planning (in this case studying/testing the environment/etc) for it the better.

plus, can you imagine what would happen if the china commies got there first? a red planet full of red commies? :) they'd claim complete ownership of the planet and their first landing payload would be SAM sites. :)

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    I don't think two billion would build many power plants, though. And, to Eagleeyes, where is Tesla's free energy?
    it has been suppressed by our own government so crown corporations can control how we access electricity and how much we will have to pay to have it as well ;(
    gun control is being able to hit your target

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Why are you guys debating this? We already went to mars!

There was a documentary made...
    Name:  220px-Total_recall.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  16.1 KB

They even found a way to release oxygen!!! We already have a colony there, see...

Some crazy stuff on Mars!

Heh
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Whay are you guys debating this? We already went to mars!

There was a documentary made...
    Heh
    loved that movie, just saw the reboot this weekend, loved it as well, though it was in a different vein than the original.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12