Another reason I am glad I dont live in Maryland anymore!

Another reason I am glad I dont live in Maryland anymore!

This is a discussion on Another reason I am glad I dont live in Maryland anymore! within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; From Foxnews: A textbook monitoring group said that Maryland middle and high school students will be required to read about ...

t11spanner is offline Dispatcher Extraordinaire

Default Another reason I am glad I dont live in Maryland anymore!

From Foxnews:

A textbook monitoring group said that Maryland middle and high school students will be required to read about Islamic teachings that have been dumbed down and are products of political correctness.

According to the New York Examiner, a new report issued by the American Textbook Council said that administrators who approved books for use in the Montgomery County school district caved into pressure by pro-Islamic groups seeking to present a less violent interpretation of Islam.

Gilbert Sewall, director of the council, stated that, for example, the definition of jihad has gone through "amazing cultural reorchestration" in textbooks, losing any connotation of violence, the Examiner wrote.

Other terms, such as sharia law, have been adjusted or removed from lessons to avoid what he called "inconvenient truths."

Montgomery County Public Schools defended the decision to use the books, saying in a statement that all texts used by teachers had been properly vetted and were appropriate for classroom uses.

Schools can't teach Christianity but can teach a slanted view of Islam because.....?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Heaven forbid. When is it going to stop.

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

If a teacher in a Middle Eastern country were caught trying to do this with Christianity in their classrooms, they would be hanged. Not saying we should be hanging people who do that with Islam here, but why are these so-called civil libertarians so quick to repudiate Christianity while being so quick to embrace Islam?

Thumbs down

This is BS. I work in a school and if this were to happen there I would walk off the job. They tried to take down the flags in all the class rooms some time back but got so much flak from the teachers they let them stay up. When will we weak up. This kinda crap has got to stop. The libs are out of control.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

what a crock!... I really don't know what else to say. you guys pretty much covered it.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!