The nosey bank teller...

Thread: The nosey bank teller...

The nosey bank teller...

Went to the bank last night after work to make a withdrawal. Since it was much larger than the cap on my ATM, I naturally had to go inside. As the teller was processing my request, she started asking me questions like; "Are you planning on making a large purchase this weekend?" My response was; "Depends on if I find what I am looking for...". She then asks; "Buying a boat or a car"? My response was; "Nope". She then gives me this "Are you going to tell me?" look and I just smiled in return. We finished the transaction and I left. She seemed a bit annoyed with me as I was leaving.

After thinking about it, I figured she was possibly fishing for an opportunity to refer me to their loan department. I have to admit that I was initially thinking; "Why do you want to know?" I guess my defenses went up because of her persistence and reaction.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

2. You nailed it on the head. It's part of their job to "upsell" when they see an opportunity. Also part of their job to make casual conversation. A lot of times that conversation is about money. The teller wasn't prying on purpose.

I'm sure that was the case... Just didn't feel like telling her that I was shopping for an AK47 and ammo. Next time I will just tell whom ever is asking that I am having the oil changed on my Harley.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris