Kid testing for her yellow belt this morning!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By tricolordad
  • 1 Post By CapGun
  • 1 Post By mojoman

Kid testing for her yellow belt this morning!

This is a discussion on Kid testing for her yellow belt this morning! within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; I know it's only 8th kyu, but she is a long long shot from that little girl who cowered on ...

tricolordad is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Kid testing for her yellow belt this morning!

I know it's only 8th kyu, but she is a long long shot from that little girl who cowered on the bus while an older boy sexually assaulted her. She sparred for the first time on Thursday and held her own as well as anyone else in her class. This is one kid that will never be victimized again.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  182.6 KB

Whether or not she gets it this time (she's only 5) I'm still proud of her for asking to join my dojo!

Blog Entries

Views: 77
Size:  282.7 KB

Here is the end result! We also managed to find her a new gi at goodwill for $9, so she's not falling during warmups! Lol she can kick herself in the forehead standing up. I haven't been able to do that since I was 16!

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
Views: 77
Size:  282.7 KB

Here is the end result! We also managed to find her a new gi at goodwill for $9, so she's not falling during warmups! Lol she can kick herself in the forehead standing up. I haven't been able to do that since I was 16!
    Great to hear. You are and should be very proud. Sorry to see the part where you used the word "again". No explanation necessary. Sure with your help and that or others all is under control.
    NRA Life Member

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Great to hear. You are and should be very proud. Sorry to see the part where you used the word "again". No explanation necessary. Sure with your help and that or others all is under control.
    Thanks! When the little bastard's dad found out the extent of what happened (which the school district chose to omit to him) he took the kid out of his MMA classes and decided to send him to a different school. I think the dad is at a point where he cannot punish the kid for fear of the government but has to do something. What a great system we have...congrats Hillary! You set women back a hundred years by coddling the criminal.

You can't call the kid's dad an "enabler" and that is key. He is doing what he can and being a real parent instead of being embarrassed and covering. Maybe the kid has hope thanks to a real Dad!
    NRA Life Member

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    You can't call the kid's dad an "enabler" and that is key. He is doing what he can and being a real parent instead of being embarrassed and covering. Maybe the kid has hope thanks to a real Dad!
    That's the reason I didn't push the issue any further. I'm just guessing, but I do not think the kid has his mother around. That may be a reason he disrespects women the way he does. I'm sure he is embarrassed, people who know him tell me that he is in no way like that. Makes you wonder if the kid just ain't right in the head or what...

Blog Entries

Views: 62
Size:  312.1 KB

Here's another one lol she is practicing her mai geri on that rock at this moment. Kid loves karate. She's not so fond of TaeKwon Do, which I instruct, she calls it "fake". She hasn't seen the hybrid style that is the end result in action yet ;-). Sparring is on Saturday I believe.

She is so cute, the best of luck to her I think she should stick with it as long as she can. I did it for twenty+ years and love it, try to encourage her to stick with it.

Blog Entries

My aim is to have my own dojo one day and teach traditional Shorin Ryu along with kobudo. Our dojo is unique as we do all weapon styles. So, it would be great to own and train everyday with my little girls!

Awesome! I love it when I was into but now I just run and liftweights.