Boy Breaks Into Zoo, Feeds Animals To Croc
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Boy Breaks Into Zoo, Feeds Animals To Croc within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; I am posting this to bring up one question. What kid of parent does not know were a 7 year ...

Default Boy Breaks Into Zoo, Feeds Animals To Croc

I am posting this to bring up one question. What kid of parent does not know were a 7 year old kid is so that he has the time and opportunity to do something like this. Real good job of parenting.

Boy Breaks Into Zoo, Feeds Animals To Croc - News Story - KXAS | Dallas

Aussie Boy, 7, Went On 30-Minute Killing Spree

POSTED: 5:01 am CDT October 3, 2008

SYDNEY, Australia -- Zoo officials in Australia are planning to sue the parents of a 7-year-old boy who broke into a popular Outback zoo and fed animals to a giant crocodile.

Zoo director Rex Neindorf said the boy jumped a security fence, then went on a 30-minute killing spree, bashing several lizards to death with a rock and feeding them to a 440-pound saltwater crocodile. The boy also threw several live animals over the fences surrounding the crocodile's enclosure.

Neindorf said on the zoo's security camera, the boy's face remains largely blank, "like he was playing a game."

The 13 animals killed are worth more than $5,000. Police said they're unable to press charges because of the boy's age.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

yeah really.. parents of the year right there.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    [I] Police said they're unable to press charges because of the boy's age.
    I think they should be pressing charges on the parents! I can't imagine what would have happened to me if I would have pulled something like this when I was 7!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Oregon Vet is offline NRA Life Since 03/1985

That kid is going to be a real winner when he "grows up". Probably save us poor taxpayers a lot of money in the future if they put him in with the 440-pound saltwater crocodile.

People cry, "he is just a baby yet". Well, if you want to act like an adult, then you should be punished like an adult.

That is what is wrong with America today. TWO words sum up what is wrong with America today.

NO PUNISHMENT

That is why people do all the weird crap they do, they KNOW: there will be NO PUNISHMENT to them.

Five thousand dollars? The kid is a criminal. It doesn't matter his age. No one listens, they listen to those over there on the FAR left... i.e. don't hurt the poor man/woman/kid, they "really" didn't mean to kill that old lady after they tortured her, right? And give all those people places to live so they can breed like rabbits while us poor taxpayers pay for it.

Ah, I guess I am not being Politically Correct today.

Oregon Vet is offline NRA Life Since 03/1985

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    I think they should be pressing charges on the parents! I can't imagine what would have happened to me if I would have pulled something like this when I was 7!
    That's the deal, it COULDN'T happen with us, we weren't raised that way. Learned at a very young age the difference between right and wrong.

Life has guardrails. All we have to do is stay between them. Sometimes they are far apart, other times closer together. Some people seem to like to drag one leg on the otherside of the guardrail all the time...then they wonder why the cops are always knocking on their door. Or get both legs on the outside, then off to jail/prison they go. They just don't learn. My 37 year old boy is that way. He just can't seem to figure it out.

How come most of us in older generations could figure it out? Ooops, I'm still young, in 10 more days will hit the big 61. :)

I wonder if this is how Steve Irwin got started????

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

Unable to press charges because of his age? How about pressing charges against his parents, starting with negligence?

Here's more on this story: FOXNews.com - 7-Year-Old Breaks Into Zoo, Feeds Live Animals to Croc - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

SYDNEY, Australia — A blank-faced 7-year-old boy broke into a popular Outback zoo, fed a string of animals to the resident crocodile and bashed several lizards to death with a rock, the zoo's director said Friday.

The boy jumped a security fence at the Alice Springs Reptile Center in central Australia early Wednesday, then went on a 30-minute killing spree, using a rock to slay three lizards, including the zoo's beloved, 20-year-old goanna, which he then fed to "Terry," an 11-foot, 440-pound vsaltwater crocodile, said zoo director Rex Neindorf.

The boy, whose deadly acts were caught on the zoo's security camera, also threw several live animals to Terry over the two fences surrounding the crocodile's enclosure, at one point climbing over the outer fence to get closer to the giant reptile. In the footage, the boy's face remains largely blank, Neindorf said.

"It was like he was playing a game," he said.

He killed 13 animals worth around $5,500, including a turtle, bearded dragons and thorny devil lizards, Neindorf said. Although none were rare, some would be difficult to replace, he said.

"We're horrified that anyone can do this, and saddened by the age of the child," Neindorf said.

Alice Springs police said they identified the boy, who lives locally, but were unable to press charges because of his age. Children under age 10 are not criminally liable under the law in the Northern Territory.

"By all accounts, he's quite a nasty 7-year-old," said Neindorf, who plans to sue the boy's parents. "If we can't put the blame onto the child, then someone has to accept the responsibility."

The zoo's security system, which relies on sensors, probably did not detect the boy because he is so small, Neindorf said.

So even though it could have happened in the US, it didn't, and they are planning on making the parents liable.

The parents deserve whatever they get in this one--definitely negligent. Most kids with responsible parenting make better decisions at 7 yrs old (assuming no mental illness in the child), or simply are not left alone long enough to cause this much havoc.

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

Quote Originally Posted by mom of 3 angels View Post
    Here's more on this story: FOXNews.com - 7-Year-Old Breaks Into Zoo, Feeds Live Animals to Croc - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

SYDNEY, Australia A blank-faced 7-year-old boy broke into a popular Outback zoo, fed a string of animals to the resident crocodile and bashed several lizards to death with a rock, the zoo's director said Friday.

The boy jumped a security fence at the Alice Springs Reptile Center in central Australia early Wednesday, then went on a 30-minute killing spree, using a rock to slay three lizards, including the zoo's beloved, 20-year-old goanna, which he then fed to "Terry," an 11-foot, 440-pound vsaltwater crocodile, said zoo director Rex Neindorf.

The boy, whose deadly acts were caught on the zoo's security camera, also threw several live animals to Terry over the two fences surrounding the crocodile's enclosure, at one point climbing over the outer fence to get closer to the giant reptile. In the footage, the boy's face remains largely blank, Neindorf said.

"It was like he was playing a game," he said.

He killed 13 animals worth around $5,500, including a turtle, bearded dragons and thorny devil lizards, Neindorf said. Although none were rare, some would be difficult to replace, he said.

"We're horrified that anyone can do this, and saddened by the age of the child," Neindorf said.

Alice Springs police said they identified the boy, who lives locally, but were unable to press charges because of his age. Children under age 10 are not criminally liable under the law in the Northern Territory.

"By all accounts, he's quite a nasty 7-year-old," said Neindorf, who plans to sue the boy's parents. "If we can't put the blame onto the child, then someone has to accept the responsibility."

The zoo's security system, which relies on sensors, probably did not detect the boy because he is so small, Neindorf said.

So even though it could have happened in the US, it didn't, and they are planning on making the parents liable.

The parents deserve whatever they get in this one--definitely negligent. Most kids with responsible parenting make better decisions at 7 yrs old (assuming no mental illness in the child), or simply are not left alone long enough to cause this much havoc.
    You are so right, Mom. Your three angels wouldn't do anything like this because you're a responsible parent, aren't you? It's too bad there aren't more parents out there like that.

Must be something about seeing one animal consume another. My 4 year old likes feeding live tilapia to the night herrons. I take him fishing and he insits on leaving the tilapia in an accessible place and gets a huge kick out of watching the herron swallow the live fish.

I keep a close eye on him when we go to the zoo. So far, so good. He knows that we have to get the "feeder fish" from an appropriate source and only feed animals that aren't on a special diet (like the ones at the zoo)

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast