Get a copy of the Constitution and read it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Get a copy of the Constitution and read it.

This is a discussion on Get a copy of the Constitution and read it. within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Main Category category; There are many places to get a free copy of the U.S. Constitution. Here are a few: Amazon https://secure.heritage.org/firstPri...stitution.aspx Pocket ...

maybejim is offline Maybejim

Default Get a copy of the Constitution and read it.

There are many places to get a free copy of the U.S. Constitution. Here are a few:

Amazon

https://secure.heritage.org/firstPri...stitution.aspx

Pocket Constitution

https://www.aclj.org/Petition/?ac=1&sc=3253

http://www.constitutionfacts.com/ind...e=freeCopy.cfm

Several years ago I bought 100 copies and preceded to give them out around the 4th of July. I was amazed at how many people, mostly 18-25 would refuse them. Almost all the older folks 50's 60's took them and many asked for extra copies for friends and family.

At any rate, everyone should have a copy and should read it. It's relatively short and reasonably easy to understand, in spite of the problems lawyers and politicians seem to have understanding it.
    Last edited by lukem; 09-29-2009 at 07:47 PM.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

I agree. I often carry a copy im my pocket. It is sad how few people have ever read it. Even many of those that take an oath to defend it do not even know what is says. How can you defend something you don't even know?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I was amazed at how many people, mostly 18-25 would refuse them.

And they voted for Obama.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Just ordered 25 copies!! I plan on passing them out at my work. Hopefully I'll run out and need more but we'll see.

HandsomeStranger is offline Molōn labe!

I just ordered some. Thanks for the links!

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I agree. I often carry a copy im my pocket. It is sad how few people have ever read it. Even many of those that take an oath to defend it do not even know what is says. How can you defend something you don't even know?
    That includes just about every president since Grover Cleveland. I don't expect this to end under Obama or after him, for that matter.

OK here is a really stupid question -- why do you carry a copy in your pocket??? Before you ask yes I have read it several times...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc and his Glock View Post
    OK here is a really stupid question -- why do you carry a copy in your pocket??? Before you ask yes I have read it several times...

As a refresher course to me and to show others when a discussion comes up. For instance it is amazing how many people think that the constitution and especially the first amendment talks about the "separation of church of state". I had a guy once tell me that it was in the constitution so I took mine out handed it to him and said "show me". suffice to say he could not find it.

wolfhunter Guest

As a refresher course to me and to show others when a discussion comes up. For instance it is amazing how many people think that the constitution and especially the first amendment talks about the "separation of church of state". I had a guy once tell me that it was in the constitution so I took mine out handed it to him and said "show me". suffice to say he could not find it.
    LOL, the first ammendment says for Government to stay out of Religion, not the other way 'round. "Separation of church from state" is a concept that appears in the writings of a Mr. Marx, if I remember correctly.

sambo42xa is offline USA Carry Supporter

Just ordered some. Great idea!
    Thnx.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast