Can i transport black powder replica pistol???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can i transport black powder replica pistol????

This is a discussion on Can i transport black powder replica pistol???? within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Ralph III She however said if you were going to be staying or vacationing within many of ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph III View Post
    She however said if you were going to be staying or vacationing within many of those states, they recommend leaving your weapons at home. She also stated you need to be careful not to wonder off your destination path and noted to be extra weary of a few states, such as Maryland, Mass., along with certain cities (Chicago, NY) etc.
    Cool. That is what I suspected the purpose of noting the state rules were. Basically to say "rules vary state to state, if you plan on stopping for an extended period of time, this is what you need to know about these states (or cities)."

And yes, there will be times when the State authorities ignore (or more likely are oblivious to) the Federal provisions. But then, there are alot of times when local LE is oblivious to State preemption. One somewhat useful precaution may be to carry copies of the Federal and/or State rules that you intend to operate under. Not that it would help someone once they are cuffed and stuffed, but it may keep the situation from escalating that far to begin with.

Thumbs up on the call to the NRA.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Cool. That is what I suspected the purpose of noting the state rules were. Basically to say "rules vary state to state, if you plan on stopping for an extended period of time, this is what you need to know about these states (or cities)."

And yes, there will be times when the State authorities ignore (or more likely are oblivious to) the Federal provisions. But then, there are alot of times when local LE is oblivious to State preemption. One somewhat useful precaution may be to carry copies of the Federal and/or State rules that you intend to operate under. Not that it would help someone once they are cuffed and stuffed, but it may keep the situation from escalating that far to begin with.

Thumbs up on the call to the NRA.
    Well, we are on the same page as I printed out the relevant state laws and Federal laws (abbreviated) for my father-in-law, just in case he was pulled over.

I guess we can only hope one day LOPA, or better yet the Constitution itself, will be recognized, accepted and indisputable throughout our great nation.

God Bless and catch you on another thread!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12