Washington State - Open Carry Cited - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Washington State - Open Carry Cited

This is a discussion on Washington State - Open Carry Cited within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by marionandjohn Not sure what part of GA your in/from but I am in Warner Robins and frequent ...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by marionandjohn View Post
    Not sure what part of GA your in/from but I am in Warner Robins and frequent Macon area. I have OC with out any issues .
    I looked at the GA license and it says ....
    "Open Carry:
    Prohibited unless one possesses a recognized license"

Is there a separate license to OC ?
    OR does your CC permit cover this ??
    AND if a CCW permit covers OC, does that reciprocate with a Florida permit ?
    In other words, can anyone with a concealed permit open carry in a state that has this phrase in their laws ?
    Last edited by spike; 03-27-2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    I looked at the GA license and it says ....
    "Open Carry:
    Prohibited unless one possesses a recognized license"

1. Is there a separate license to OC ?
    2..OR does your CC permit cover this ??
    3. AND if a CCW permit covers OC, does that reciprocate with a Florida permit ?
    4. In other words, can anyone with a concealed permit open carry in a state that has this phrase in their laws ?
    1. No.
    2. Yes. Except in Georgia it is not a CC permit. It is a Georgia Firearms License (GFL).
    3. Yes.
    4. Yes.

The GA code is posted below. You will notice the statute does not specify a method of carry, open or concealed and, therefore, applies to both methods of carry equally.

§ 16-11-128. Carrying pistol without license

(a) A person commits the offense of carrying a pistol without a license when he has or carries on or about his person, outside of his home, motor vehicle, or place of business, any pistol or revolver without having on his person a valid license issued by the judge of the probate court of the county in which he resides, provided that no permit shall be required for persons with a valid hunting or fishing license on their person or for persons not required by law to have hunting licenses who are engaged in legal hunting, fishing, or sport shooting when the persons have the permission of the owner of the land on which the activities are being conducted; provided, further, that the pistol or revolver, whenever loaded, shall be carried only in an open and fully exposed manner.

(b) Upon conviction of the offense of carrying a pistol without a license, a person shall be punished as follows:

(1) For the first offense, he shall be guilty of a misdemeanor; and

(2) For the second offense, and for any subsequent offense, he is guilty of a felony, and, upon conviction thereof, shall be imprisoned for not less than one year nor more than five years.

(c) On and after October 1, 1996, a person licensed to carry a handgun in any state whose laws recognize and give effect within such state to a license issued pursuant to this part shall be authorized to carry a handgun in this state, but only while the licensee is not a resident of this state; provided, however, that such license holder shall carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state.

milkmood is offline Dodge this.

Default Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Friend or Foe - TheSecond.us

Results are posted instantly.

AWESOME...THAT is awesome. I'm adding stuff daily, since I OC everywhere I go.

I think every state should secede from Washington, DC, then we'll have them surrounded.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmood View Post
    AWESOME...THAT is awesome. I'm adding stuff daily, since I OC everywhere I go.
    I`m with you on that.

opencarry.org will give you maps that show which states honor each others permits and gives you tons of info about each states laws.

Quote Originally Posted by scout92 View Post
    opencarry.org will give you maps that show which states honor each others permits and gives you tons of info about each states laws.
    I 2nd that (ha!). I learned that Alaska has about the best reciprocity available. Amazed me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12