Bad Encounter in Ohio - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bad Encounter in Ohio

This is a discussion on Bad Encounter in Ohio within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by dvnfly good info but another thing to take into consideration is someone is always the first. OC ...

Quote Originally Posted by dvnfly View Post
    good info but another thing to take into consideration is someone is always the first.

OC not legal in FL so not an option for me just saying.
    So using your logic of the facts: that criminals avoid people they know to be armed or think to be armed, and that there is not one substantiated case of an OC'er being targeted (the big CC'ers fear "My god you'll be the first shot down...in fact you'll be targeted" Blah, blah, blah), you prefer to take your chances with CC, of which there are substantiated cases of the CC'er being shot.

Do I have your reasoning right????

Got in to see Sheriff Browning today. We had a good conversation, My main purpose for meeting with him was to make sure he was aware of what happened, and my side of the incident. He said he had already discussed the incident with the deputy that was involved. He assured me that his office is pro-gun and has no problem with citizens legally carrying firearms.

I did not bring up the issue of the deputy lying about the doors being posted and such...I was not there to be confrontational or to complain about /get revenge on the deputy....

I see this as incident as educational for all involved (and closed/finished).

Carry On!!!!
    Leave me alone... and I will leave you alone....
    Don't poke a wolverine with a sharp stick unless you want your balls ripped off.
    Don't start nuthin, wont be nuthin..... (and dont wear pink panties on my property)

my only thought is,by concealing the weapon,could that be trying to hide it ,and if you didn't have a ccw permit ,is that against the law?,,i remember being told that concealed means concealed in Florida,no bulge

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 View Post
    my only thought is,by concealing the weapon,could that be trying to hide it ,and if you didn't have a ccw permit ,is that against the law?,,i remember being told that concealed means concealed in Florida,no bulge
    It is against the law to conceal a handgun on the person without a valid permit/license in 47 states. Arizona, Alaska and Vermont are the only three exceptions. Some states do have exceptions if you are inside a vehicle.

I have lived here in Ohio for nine years and have had my CHL for the past two years. I open carry almost as much as I conceal. As a general rule I have found most Cops in Ohio to be of limited mental capacity and they operate on what they discuss in the locker room vs the law books.

Like dealing with most idiots in society, just smile and dnod a lot with these cops and watch how pissed off they get.

handgonnetoter Guest

How could you be a cop and not know the law? If that is the case, they need to take the guns away from them - and the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    How could you be a cop and not know the law? If that is the case, they need to take the guns away from them - and the badge.
    Watch the court dockets and see how many cases get tossed out because the officer charged someone with the wrong violation, or the person did not violate the statute they were charged with. Happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter;159674[B
    ]How could you be a cop and not know the law?[/B] If that is the case, they need to take the guns away from them - and the badge.
    Because LEOs are LEOs, not attorneys. They do not have extensive legal training.

bill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234