OC on school property with a CPL NOT illegal in Michigan..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

OC on school property with a CPL NOT illegal in Michigan.....

This is a discussion on OC on school property with a CPL NOT illegal in Michigan..... within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Been doing it here for 3 years. The reactions I get are all the same... smiles and winks, along with ...

Been doing it here for 3 years. The reactions I get are all the same... smiles and winks, along with the occasional supportive comments.

Isn't it amazing, the difference between the reality of the actual experience, as opposed to the hysteria of unfounded fear.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Keep in mind that Open Carry on school grounds in Michigan is legal if you have a MICHIGAN CPL. Michigan law does not restrict open carry on school grounds but federal law does unless you have a CPL from that State.

I live in Michigan and to open carry in a school zone is legal if u have a cpl if u do not have a cpl u cannot open carry y is it such a big deal? People who are given cpl are not ur hardened criminal who will carry in a school zone no matter what and regardless of whether the police get called on me or not I am doing nothing illegal and would rather have the means to protect my family no matter where I am

ezkl2230 is offline I am a FREEMAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I was waiting for that!
    That was the response of the prosecutor's office.
    "...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks," Thomas Jefferson

ezkl2230 is offline I am a FREEMAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Thanks Navy...I just don't understand why there had to be negative light shed on this topic. It would of been so much better if it was:

"The prosecutor said Nicholas Looman, who has his CPL, did nothing illegal when he OC'd to the polls on public school property. The question of OC on school property with a CPL in Michigan is settled.

Prosecutor issues ruling in gun at school case | wzzm13.com"

Gets the point across, and keeps gun rights positive. No second guessing.
    Again, I was relating information from a couple of different news outlets regarding this story. That was the gist of the prosecutor's response to the situation.
    "...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks," Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Coyoye52 View Post
    In Texas no guns on schools or polling places period! The Leos with carry you away if they don't shoot you first.

That's why concealed is fully concealed. Mr Murphy sometimes tests the 12/6 rule........ Just sayin. And when you can OC, then OC. MHO

In FLorida no guns in schools or polling places open o concealed

Quote Originally Posted by Coyoye52 View Post
    In Texas no guns on schools or polling places period! The Leos with carry you away if they don't shoot you first.
    Even though we have a great state for CCP here in Fl. It's the same here

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I always err on the side of assuming people don't know the law with regard to carrying and gun laws.
    I err on the side that I might encounter a criminal committing a violent crime with a gun at any time and at any place.

Sure, what he did may not be illegal, but it's ill-advised because he did nothing but bring attention to himself and most of the other people who were around, not knowing that he wasn't breaking the law, believed that he was and called the police.
    No, that is not all he did. What he did was carry the means available to protect himself from the actions of criminals in the only way that was legal for him to do so. But, who needs a gun for self defense on school property right? Nobody ever shoots anybody on school property because it is illegal to do so, right?....

Can any of you honestly say that, even if it's legal where you live, that you would OC on school property, knowing that someone will probably call the police on you? No one in their right mind should want to go through that.
    I do, every time I pick up or drop off my daughter at school. Because protecting myself and her (when I can) is more important to me than someone making a 911 call and possibly dealing with a LEO who doesn't know the law.
    101% agree with navy's breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

Been doing it here for 3 years. The reactions I get are all the same... smiles and winks, along with the occasional supportive comments.

Isn't it amazing, the difference between the reality of the actual experience, as opposed to the hysteria of unfounded fear.
    That's beautiful !!! Gotta steal that pic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast