welcome to Walmart - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

welcome to Walmart

This is a discussion on welcome to Walmart within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I enjoy the having "it" hanging out joke makes me smile. Good laugh....

I enjoy the having "it" hanging out joke makes me smile. Good laugh.

santa is offline santa

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Their policy has been to allow firearms in their store in accordance with state laws. Open carry or concealed carry. It's always been that way. They have no policy against local managers asking you to leave or cover the gun up, though, if it is causing concerns among other customers - that's their excuse, anyway. I don't have it in writing, but that is what everyone has been told who has checked into it from opencarry.org.
    I just found this on forum.opencarry.org/.../showthread.php?81273-Walmart-Firearm-p.... The post was dated in 2010 but the letter refered to was dated in 1997. I dont know how to transfer that post which is on another site to this one. Perhaps someone can. I am only showing what I JUST discovered and not agreeing OR disagreeing with the post or letter. Again I believe in how a person carries is up to them, I CC and OC both. The letter from Walmart corporate says that if a person has a valid CC permit and keeps it hidden thats fine. No open carry is permitted except be LEO.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Their policy has been to allow firearms in their store in accordance with state laws. Open carry or concealed carry. It's always been that way. They have no policy against local managers asking you to leave or cover the gun up, though, if it is causing concerns among other customers - that's their excuse, anyway. I don't have it in writing, but that is what everyone has been told who has checked into it from opencarry.org.
    What folks often forget is that there are more laws than just firearm's laws... the trespass law is also State law....... so, at least in Michigan, Wal Mart can be within their private property rights ... and be within the law... to tell someone they cannot bring in a gun or that they have to leave.

And they would still be within Wal Mart's policy of ... following State law. Which is why the local manager can kick someone out if they wish because.... they aren't going against State firearm laws... they are merely kicking out someone who, to them, is causing a problem on the property.

The reason isn't the gun... the reason is the disruption is a problem.

A fine distinction? Yes... but that is how it works.

The moron behind the gun counter at my Wal-Mart in VA told me not to bring in my S & W .380 to fit a pocket holster to it. I told him I had my CC permit and he said "Yeah, but bringing it in here will cause you problems you don't need" I'm wondering "Like what, exactly". Their ammo is too expensive, anyway. I deal elsewhere for firearms needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdrummer View Post
    The moron behind the gun counter at my Wal-Mart in VA told me not to bring in my S & W .380 to fit a pocket holster to it. I told him I had my CC permit and he said "Yeah, but bringing it in here will cause you problems you don't need" I'm wondering "Like what, exactly". Their ammo is too expensive, anyway. I deal elsewhere for firearms needs.
    He more than likely means that if someone were to see you holding your gun, even if it is not loaded and in a "safe" state, that they would panic and it could create a bad situation. Not everyone else would know what was going on, what preparations were taken to make sure the gun was in a "safe" condition, and might even think a robbery of some kind was taking place. You just don't see people handling their firearms in a retail store, or for that matter, anywhere except a range and it could really cause a panic. Of course, he could also just be a p*#@k.

Quote Originally Posted by JeshKidney View Post
    They tried to run my serial numbers but I stopped them of corse I wasn't breaking any laws
    How do you go about stopping LE from running your serial #'s if they simply stop you, disarm you for quote, "their safety" and want to run them? Just curious.

You are talking about guns, right? Otherwise, having it hanging out is illegal in all 50 states [/QUOTE]

No license required to carry a long gun or shotgun in Indiana, but required to carry a handgun. Makes perfect sense...right? Mind you, I wouldn't recommend it though
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1jeffkatt View Post
    I can carry open in Indiana
    Only with a license though
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdrummer View Post
    In which part of Virginia did this take place? You might want to bring this to the attention of management and corporate. Now I can understand the concerns if you were going to be handling the gun at the counter while trying holsters. But if it was going to remain in your holster the entire time you were in the store, the employee was overstepping his bounds. A manager, on the other hand, can ask you not to bring it in and in that case, you definitely would want to get his name and report the incident to corporate.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk 93 View Post
    He more than likely means that if someone were to see you holding your gun, even if it is not loaded and in a "safe" state, that they would panic and it could create a bad situation. Not everyone else would know what was going on, what preparations were taken to make sure the gun was in a "safe" condition, and might even think a robbery of some kind was taking place. [B]You just don't see people handling their firearms in a retail store,[B] or for that matter, anywhere except a range and it could really cause a panic. Of course, he could also just be a p*#@k.
    Not quite. Ever been to a gun store or a gun show? Lots of handling of firearms in those places and they are retail operations.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast