welcome to Walmart - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

welcome to Walmart

This is a discussion on welcome to Walmart within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by bootsdeal Whether legal or not, I think open carry is stupid. Why ask for trouble? Why not ...

LkWd_Don is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bootsdeal View Post
    Whether legal or not, I think open carry is stupid. Why ask for trouble? Why not benefit from the surprise of concealment if it's needed? I can think of nothing good coming from open carry and a whole lot of bad stuff. If it's macho you're looking for, how about just carry a sign that says "wanna fight?"
    You are entitled to think what you wish, that is what is really great about this Country! The biggest benefit to Open Carry is the same as why Police conduct Patrols and that is deterrence via visibility. Except for the truly hardened criminals, the sight of openly armed people is a deterrence, so if by my walking around carrying openly, I can deter someone from committing a crime, then I have saved someone the anguish of being robbed, raped, mugged, whatever.. and that makes me feel better. Being that I do not walk everywhere I go and I drive, I could not realistically Open Carry while driving.. that would be concealing.. So, I have a Concealed Carry Permit (CCP), which allows me to do both as I need to and I do not worry what others think about how I carry when. Would I feel better not having to spend the money for a CCP and then having to remember to bring it with me. I would much prefer for Constitutional Carry to be the law of the land where as long as you have not had any criminal background you can purchase and carry a firearm how you please.

LkWd_Don is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    Hey ~~ clipped for brevity ~~ Pass the popcorn here we go again.
    I'll take mine heavy butter, low salt, thank you.

Dale64 is offline Defying Gravity

Trolling, Trolling, Trolling....

Name:  trolls.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  81.0 KB
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

santa is offline santa

OK. The butter I use is unsalted. But with all these OC vs CC comments my local store is running low on popcorn. Hmmmmm, mabye BBQ potato chips?

Dale64 is offline Defying Gravity

Head down to the local Walmart and get yerself a box o' Troll Baits.
    Mmmm...Mmmm...
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Whether legal or not, I think open carry is stupid. Why ask for trouble? Why not benefit from the surprise of concealment if it's needed? I can think of nothing good coming from open carry and a whole lot of bad stuff. If it's macho you're looking for, how about just carry a sign that says "wanna fight?"
    Of course, coming from Texas where people are so afraid of the sight of a gun that they have laws against open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale64 View Post
    Trolling, Trolling, Trolling....

Name:  trolls.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  81.0 KB

There is no more perfect time for....... BOXXY!!!!

Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

OMG here we go again

Once again there is no "element of surprise" in a defensive reaction.

Surprise is an offensive tactic
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    OMG here we go again
    IKR! And guys like damnc claim open carriers are nutty! Holy crap, Batman. How far can you ride a beaten and dead horse.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk 93 View Post
    Yeah, and if he wants to run your serial #'s he will do it over your objections. I know how to voice an opinion or request he not do it. Doesn't keep him from doing it though.
    Which is why I included three items in my post. Continue to voice your non-consent of his actions. Record the event. Report the event to his superiors. More than likely, running a serial number without RAS is not legal in states where people have not had their rights stolen from them. So raise a little hell and make their lives difficult.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    Depending on the laws in your state, doing as the WalMart Manager say's and simply covering it up could get you in trouble. An example is that to carry openly here the firearm has to be fully visible to everyone. To hide it in anyway makes it concealed and if you do not have a Concealed Carry Permit, they you can be arrested for illegally carrying a pistol.
    The key is.. Know the laws in your State and if you know you are not doing anything illegal, do not let anyone tell you that you are.
    Though in that case, if the Manager would not accept my carrying legally, then I would have gotten all of his information, removed myself from the establishment and complain/bring action later.
    There is a Starbucks here just a couple hundred yards from the City Hall and many of our Police and Municipal Court folks visit there. When Starbucks sponsored an Open Carry Day.. There were many in the Law Enforcement fields that got an education at that Starbucks.
    When I inferred that covering it up could be an option, I did so with the presumption that one would have a conceal carry permit. Obviously if one does not, then one would not want to do this. Although WalMart IS private property and if a manager "invites" you to conceal your gun, there is nothing the police can do about it.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast