Have you open carried? - Page 24
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Have you open carried?

This is a discussion on Have you open carried? within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Electrician4Hire I'm totally serious. Even accidental printing could get you in trouble here. I wish MA was ...

Quote Originally Posted by Electrician4Hire View Post
    I'm totally serious. Even accidental printing could get you in trouble here. I wish MA was an open carry state
    You'd go crazy if you were down here. I OC most always when out and about and virtually never have any negative encounters. I say virtually never because I did have one in August '09 at a McDonald's. The guy claimed he was a retired LEO but judging from his accent, he was not from Virginia. Probably somewhere up in the northeast.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

golddigger14s is offline SFC At Fort Lewis, WA

Massachusetts is not a traditional open carry state, but it is not a crime for Class A License holders to open carry.
    Massachusetts | OpenCarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Massachusetts is not a traditional open carry state, but it is not a crime for Class A License holders to open carry.
    Massachusetts | OpenCarry.org
    It's not a crime. But most likely you'd be arrested and lose your ltc around here. Bit it's legal?

tricolordad is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    You'd go crazy if you were down here. I OC most always when out and about and virtually never have any negative encounters. I say virtually never because I did have one in August '09 at a McDonald's. The guy claimed he was a retired LEO but judging from his accent, he was not from Virginia. Probably somewhere up in the northeast.
    I've seen a youtube video of an encounter like you described. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I've seen a youtube video of an encounter like you described. ;-)
    There are many youtube videos out there of encounters with police but I can't recall seeing on with another civilian. Oops, yes I do recall one a while back in Lorton, VA which is in Fairfax County. It was at a fast food, or simple, restaurant which was along the route 95 corridor. The antagonists were all from up north and were clearly upset and appalled that someone could openly carry a handgun into such an establishment.... or anywhere for that matter.

One of the things I find both interesting and curious is website comments on from people when the topic of open carry comes up. Many have said that if the police see you doing this, you're almost assured of at least being handcuffed and more than likely thrown to the ground with a knee in your back. What these folks fail to take into consideration is the fact that there are many parts of the country where this ain't gonna happen. They are looking at situations through their tainted and prejudiced eyes. I can tell you that this is something we just don't see here in Virginia because if we did, there would be hell to pay. We'd be all over the officer(s) in question as well as their department. Our police, local and state, have been pretty well educated in these things and leave us alone when they see us armed.

Heck, our most active gun rights organization in the state has its monthly meetings in my area in a police precinct where it is quite common for around 100 openly armed folks to be present. We even lobby our state legislators in the capital once a year while fully and openly armed as we visit them in their offices. I've approached LEO's while in their squad cars, standing on sidewalks, been next to them in stores and restaurants, local town functions, and most other normal day-to-day activities and have never had a problem while openly armed. We just don't see it here.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Default Door host got nervous in Dicks Sporting Goods

I OC almost every day, I have been in Dicks Sporting Goods many times, this time they had a young lady at the door greeting and I was wearing a tactical holster this time. She said your wearing a gun, I said I am totally legal, nothing to be worried about. she got on her radio headset and called the director or manager. Then she said go ahead and apologized. I then went on my way to the hunting dept. After I talked and educated her first. I had a nice discussion with the gun dept clerk he and I talked for 15 min. About OC because he heard the girl on his radio.

So The Electric Man said:

It's not a crime. But most likely you'd be arrested and lose your ltc around here. Bit it's legal?

So where are you ("AROUND HERE") that you think it's likely that you'd be arrested and lose your LTC ?!?

Inquiring minds want to know....

Quote Originally Posted by rogrrr View Post
    So The Electric Man said:

So where are you ("AROUND HERE") that you think it's likely that you'd be arrested and lose your LTC ?!?

Inquiring minds want to know....
    I'm from Massachusetts and its totally legal to open carry. As long as no one sees it. :) cuz you'll get arrested

I'm from Massachusetts and its totally legal to open carry. As long as no one sees it. :) cuz you'll get arrested
    Yes, sometimes with ignorant law enforcement it is a question of how much hassle, and possibly expense, to which you want to submit. Varies by jurisdiction, obviously. I open carry in SW Ohio ~1x/3 mos. The reason is that, when I went through my CCW training in Colorado Springs, CO (Paul Paradis) one of the instructors said, "The best way to lose a right is to never exercise it." Now, it's a Glock model 22, and not an AR-10 I'm carrying so I don't get hassled. Then again, I can't ever recall having encountered LE folks while carrying here...

Picked up some tile Tuesday at Lowes.

Picked up prescription and groceries at Krogers yesterday. Deputy sheriff drove by as I was entering Krogers.

Carry on...
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast