Open Carry in NC

Open Carry in NC

This is a discussion on Open Carry in NC within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Does anyone know the rules/regulations for open carrying in North Carolina??...

Default Open Carry in NC

Does anyone know the rules/regulations for open carrying in North Carolina??

Check out the forums at North Carolina Gun Owners - there is a section on NC firearm laws. I am going to open carry today for the first time, just because I can! I know the only place that the laws are different is in Chapel Hill and Cary.

I have not found a lot of info on this. The law includes language about not "going armed to the terror of the people." I've also read that if you open carry, then your weapon in your car has to be in plain view, like not on your hip but (secured) on the passenger seat.

This might be a good place to start: Triangle Open Carry (Raleigh, NC) - Meetup

Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Question? For Open Carry to be legal on a bike, does the gun have to be in plain sight on you(your body) or can it be mounted in holster on the bike, tank, or frame, in sight? visible from one side but not the other? From what distance does it need to be visible? A sub-compact such as P-3AT would be hard to see even out of holster. I plan on getting CC permit but not sure what to do until I get it.
    Thanks