Interesting reactions today
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Interesting reactions today

This is a discussion on Interesting reactions today within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I usually OC when I do my weekly shopping. Today I had two good reactions today. I had reached for ...

Default Interesting reactions today

I usually OC when I do my weekly shopping. Today I had two good reactions today.

I had reached for a bag of chips over a cart, clearly exposing my sidearm. A minute later a guy asked what it was I said a 19. He stated he recently got a Bodyguard. That was about the extent of that conversation. When I went to check out another person noticed the sidearm, pointed to it and gave a thumbs up. I smiled and said thanks as he was many checkout lanes down. I think that has been my first two positive reactions while OCing. All this was at a local grocery store.

Firefighterchen is online now OC for Tactical Advantage

I don't want baby seals to die, so I don't open carry.

Just kidding.

Right on, getting the good word of the 2A out there. Keep up the good work.

»
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good for you lol good reactions are always a plus

Quote Originally Posted by imrambi View Post
    I usually OC when I do my weekly shopping. Today I had two good reactions today.

I had reached for a bag of chips over a cart, clearly exposing my sidearm. A minute later a guy asked what it was I said a 19. He stated he recently got a Bodyguard. That was about the extent of that conversation. When I went to check out another person noticed the sidearm, pointed to it and gave a thumbs up. I smiled and said thanks as he was many checkout lanes down. I think that has been my first two positive reactions while OCing. All this was at a local grocery store.
    I'm not all that impressed with the first guy. If I come across a person I don't know who tells me they have a 19 I'm going to reply that I have a 33 just to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I'm not all that impressed with the first guy. If I come across a person I don't know who tells me they have a 19 I'm going to reply that I have a 33 just to be on the safe side.
    Still...my dog is bigger than yours....
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Default OC!!

From one oc'er to another, glad to here of the good responses you encountered!! Keep on OCING!!!
    Conservative American Patriot
    GOA, NRA, USCCA, Ingunowner Member
    Glock 22RTF2, 26, 30, 32.

I could tell you guys lots of stories about the goods and bads of OC.
    One that just came to mind was the time I was almost shot by a couple of teenagers who had some grass in their vehicle and thought I was a cop. I'd stopped to see if they needed assistance with a flat tire. They were parked on the shoulder in a very dangerous spot on a hilly, winding road and I was concerned someone would plow into them. As I approached, they opened the passenger side door and I saw the stock of a rifle/shotgun. I said"hey I'm not a cop and don't care what you're hauling". There a short standoff on opposite sides of their pickup(no guns drawn) before they decided I just thought they needed some help. If I had my cover vest on, that situation probably would not have happened.

Just OC'd in one of the swankiest hotels in Asheville, NC, the Grove Park Inn. NO issues, no odd looks and was allowed to check in about 4 hours early. Gotta Lov this State! Oh, and the stay was worth the price-WOW!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Mobuck View Post
    I could tell you guys lots of stories about the goods and bads of OC.
    One that just came to mind was the time I was almost shot by a couple of teenagers who had some grass in their vehicle and thought I was a cop. I'd stopped to see if they needed assistance with a flat tire. They were parked on the shoulder in a very dangerous spot on a hilly, winding road and I was concerned someone would plow into them. As I approached, they opened the passenger side door and I saw the stock of a rifle/shotgun. I said"hey I'm not a cop and don't care what you're hauling". There a short standoff on opposite sides of their pickup(no guns drawn) before they decided I just thought they needed some help. If I had my cover vest on, that situation probably would not have happened.
    Did they tell you they had "grass in there vehicle" or did you see it.. or did you search the vehicle.... or are you guessing?

No guns drawn... but you are going to relate a story about how OC got you ... "almost shot". Way to sensationalize a non happening into some kind of excuse to bash OC and hold CC up as being better than OC. All the while portraying yourself as some kind of saint who stopped to help someone for the altruistic purpose of keeping them safe because they were in a place where they might get hurt.

Nice try....

What is the deal with weed anyway,,, I know tons of mature adults who smoke grass and own hand guns and own rifles and guess what they have never shot anyone or are they careless with there guns...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast