I gave positive feedback to OCer. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

I gave positive feedback to OCer.

This is a discussion on I gave positive feedback to OCer. within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Treo I don’t see it as being a jerk; I see it as preferring to be left ...

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I don’t see it as being a jerk; I see it as preferring to be left alone. I am not by nature an outgoing person, I never have been and I don’t expect that I ever will be.

If some random stranger approaches my I have no way of knowing his intent. Is this some random comment that I don't want to hear anyway or is it an interview?

I don’t see any reason why I should be subject to some random stranger invading my space and imposing his opinion of my life upon me. I never said I’d be a jerk, I said I’d act like he never spoke at all Why that is unreasonable?
    Completely ignoring someone who is speaking nicely to you is just plain rude.
    Rudeness is jerk like behaviour.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

That's okay though Dude.
    99.99999999% of the time Treo does not OC so he is not acting like a jerk.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Completely ignoring someone who is speaking nicely to you is just plain rude.
    Rudeness is jerk like behaviour.
    In some cultures invading a stranger’s space is considered rude.

I’m not so much trying to get you to accept the way I live my life as I am trying to make you aware that there are people like me out there and hope you take that into consideration before invading some stranger’s bubble
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I agree with treo on this, I go on edge when a stranger approches me.

Quote Originally Posted by towboater View Post

Clearly, you too are an uneducated boor because you don't live your life for the edification of random strangers

ETA Originally posted on THR many many moons ago:

The older I get the more I want to be left alone. Last week I walked into a barbershop and had some guy I’ve never met try to get into my world because I was wearing a Nebraska hoodie. I’ve had similar incidents because I was wearing a CSU hoodie and I had one guy try to start a fight W/ me for wearing a Dallas hoodie. Guess what I don’t wear anymore. My wife now has a CHP because some psycho leftist chased her all the way down Nevada Avenue (local main drag) screaming at her because she had a “W” bumper sticker on the car. And I’ve even had some random guy start talking smack to me because I had a Cabella’s sticker on the back of my car. And I got some real funny looks the day I wore my NRA hat to church. The way I see it having those stickers and the clothing (although I do wear my NRA hat if I’m doing something shooting related IE gunshow or the range) is just inviting random people to comment on your life. Or express their displeasure at the views you express or smash the windows on your car and steal what ever you have in it
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by towboater View Post

Clearly, you too are an uneducated boor because you don't live your life for the edification of random strangers
    Yup, just a dumb redneck. I don't mine people talking to me at the range, or gun store. I don't like anything outside of that. I am leery of people.

I deal with strangers on a daily basis I don't tell them anything personal I heard a good saying once "be friendly but not friends". I guess it depends on the circumstance weather I'd be edgy or not.

To a degree I agree w/ Yalec. I donít open carry for your edification, I donít want your positive feedback, I donít want your comments at all. I want you to leave me alone.

If I donít know you and you get into my bubble and start talking about my firearm Iím going to go from yellow to orange. Just sayiní.

To be perfectly honest if I donít know you I donít want you in my bubble at all. I donít care what you think of my hat or my choice of car, or the tools in my roll away (and no I wonít loan you any of them). The older I get the less I like to interact with strangers, thatís just who I am.

I would be a little more on alert if you started talking about my gun because your conversation shows that you are focused on it.
    Treo,
    I'm not aware that I ever spoke to you, gave you feedback, or entered your bubble. And trust me; I never would because of who you are and how you look and smell.
    Charlie

ETA Originally posted on THR many many moons ago:

The older I get the more I want to be left alone. Last week I walked into a barbershop and had some guy Iíve never met try to get into my world because I was wearing a Nebraska hoodie. Iíve had similar incidents because I was wearing a CSU hoodie and I had one guy try to start a fight W/ me for wearing a Dallas hoodie. Guess what I donít wear anymore. My wife now has a CHP because some psycho leftist chased her all the way down Nevada Avenue (local main drag) screaming at her because she had a ďWĒ bumper sticker on the car. And Iíve even had some random guy start talking smack to me because I had a Cabellaís sticker on the back of my car. And I got some real funny looks the day I wore my NRA hat to church. The way I see it having those stickers and the clothing (although I do wear my NRA hat if Iím doing something shooting related IE gunshow or the range) is just inviting random people to comment on your life. Or express their displeasure at the views you express or smash the windows on your car and steal what ever you have in it
    After a little explanation I can see where you're coming from Treo. Here in the south (where I live at least), people are fairly friendly and even sociable. We say hello while were are in line at the store and may even engage in a little small talk. We may even compliment a complete stranger on his nice truck. There are even restaurants here that have community tables where complete strangers may come and sit by you while they eat.

Personally, I love the friendliness and social attitudes we have here. I've met some very interesting people. Sure, most didn't become my "friends". But, after these small meetings I always come away feeling better about life and have a stronger sense of community. I feel sorry for people who live in places where they have to be "suspect" of everyone who says "hello".

-

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Treo,
    I'm not aware that I ever spoke to you, gave you feedback, or entered your bubble. And trust me; I never would because of who you are and how you look and smell.
    IOW since you can't refute my argument you're going to attack my hygene?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast