Who open carries a subcompact handgun?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Who open carries a subcompact handgun?

This is a discussion on Who open carries a subcompact handgun? within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Ok, if you OC that XD, Sig, LC9, or LCP etc. Let us know. NOT I...

Default Who open carries a subcompact handgun?

Ok, if you OC that XD, Sig, LC9, or LCP etc. Let us know.

NOT I
    Quote Originally Posted by DCkilla View Post
    I open carry because the "element of surprise" is just a pipe dream.

Bill Powell is offline BillPCT
    Blog Entries

Not a sub compact but a full size M&P 40

SR9c here. Very comfortable.

At times I OC a Taurus PT709 Slim.

Walther PPS, it doesn't feel like a sub-compact in hand. The 7rd mag allows a full grip, but still allows it to disappear easily if carrying IWB.

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by DCkilla:298004

NOT I
    XD and Sig make full size handguns...
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

NOT I
    Hmm...Springfield and Sig both make full size guns. As to your statement, "Not I", just curious as to why not? Is it because you do not own a compact gun? Or is it the old adage, "size matters"? I do find your question interesting, as I have wondered myself if when OC'ing, does size matter?

I have done both, but as I have said before seval times, I prefer CC but dont make a big deal about it, at present I carry a full size 1911, rt side in a owb, and a XD-9 on the left, also owb, covered by a T-shirt, thats about as concealed as I worry about

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Danmc:298123

NOT I
    Hmm...Springfield and Sig both make full size guns. As to your statement, "Not I", just curious as to why not? Is it because you do not own a compact gun? Or is it the old adage, "size matters"? I do find your question interesting, as I have wondered myself if when OC'ing, does size matter?
    Not as much as it does for concealed carrying. Though some people have no problems concealing a full size handgun, I see no point in compromising capacity, sight radius (accuracy), barrel length (power), and grip length (recoil reduction) when I have no need to tuck it under a garment. The situation where the individual can shoot a compact better than a full size would be the only time I would agree a compact is better for that person than a full sized handgun.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Not as much as it does for concealed carrying. Though some people have no problems concealing a full size handgun, I see no point in compromising capacity, sight radius (accuracy), barrel length (power), and grip length (recoil reduction) when I have no need to tuck it under a garment. The situation where the individual can shoot a compact better than a full size would be the only time I would agree a compact is better for that person than a full sized handgun.
    Good points. Surely good info to consider. Now let me ask this, to clarify the size matters question: If I OC my little Ruger LCR .38 in my nice leather Desantis thumb-break holster, will I be taken as seriously as if I were OC'ing a larger gun like a full size 1911?(Or any other large framed whether semi or wheel gun).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast