My personal reaction to seeing my first non-LEO open carry. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree30Likes

My personal reaction to seeing my first non-LEO open carry.

This is a discussion on My personal reaction to seeing my first non-LEO open carry. within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; @ NavyLCDR Don't you know that the warm fuzzy feeling of possessing the invisible protective talisman that no one else ...

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

@ NavyLCDR

Don't you know that the warm fuzzy feeling of possessing the invisible protective talisman that no one else knows about is much easier to sell than logic?

:-D :-D

Quote Originally Posted by MrFynn View Post
    It means that you may need to be reactive instead of proactive.
    I have actually never heard of CC being considered proactive...

In what world is cc'ing not going to be reactive to a situation?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by MrFynn View Post
    When in public, if the "bad guy" sees you first and notices you are carrying, you become a primary target if they are serious in carrying out whatever mischief they had intended.
    Most CCers say this because they have (hopefully) had firearms training. Think tactically. The BAD guy... could careless about tactics. look how they hold a gun. While we legal gun carriers are very aware of our surroundings, The BG thinks he is the superior one with a gun. He will not scan the hips of the others. He doesn't know or care about gun laws.

[/QUOTE] Cowboy action is another thing altogether...[/QUOTE] I am a modern day Cowboy that carries a gun openly so that everyone knows I have the ability to protect myself and family if needed. When I get a issued cop to follow me and my family then I will Conceal Carry.

I'm just saying that concealed carry is currently how I choose. I support and applaud open carry. As for the instances of open carry deterring crime, I remember hearing of one on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk where the criminals entered a restaurant and having spotted two individuals dining and open carrying, they went back to their vehicle but were spotted by a police officer while they waited (if I recall correctly). Open carry can prevent crimes. I can't point to any situation where an open carry individual has been targeted by a criminal, only that by the nature of the thing, I believe that it can increase the possibility, however small that increase may be. Again, these are my opinions (nothing more) and your mileage may vary...

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by MrFynn:309958
    I can't point to any situation where an open carry individual has been targeted by a criminal, only that by the nature of the thing, I believe that it can increase the possibility, however small that increase may be. Again, these are my opinions (nothing more) and your mileage may vary...
    That's what we call unsubstantiated fear mongering. While none of us care how you choose to carry, spreading unsubstantiated fear aka lies, hurts gun rights as a whole. Is it any different than the Brady campaign tactics? Not much...
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123