open carry thoughts
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

open carry thoughts

This is a discussion on open carry thoughts within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; As I do not live in an open carry state (Florida), I wish it was, and I often think about ...

Default open carry thoughts

As I do not live in an open carry state (Florida), I wish it was, and I often think about what other random factors would go along with open carrying. As we know, non gun owners get nervous when they see a person open carrying who is not a police officer. But I think there would be ways or things to do to ease the nerves of others.

One being to dress professionally. Seeing someone dressed in nice slacks & a collared shirt with a firearm would be a bit less off setting then the same person wearing baggy jeans, a Linkin Park Tshirt and a beanie. If you present yourself in a respectful way, you will be respected.

Any other ideas?

If you have to ask you probably shouldn't open carry

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

I dress casual (Jeans and a tshirt) to nicely (your description). What makes the biggest difference is the attitude. Either way I dress, hasn't changed how people react to me.

So yes, I agree don't dress like a complete slob, but more importantly, have a good attitude.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Folks should dress however they feel comfortable , I don't dress to please I dress for comfort, if baggy clothes make me look gangster then you're judgemental. I don't dress prep to fit in, I dress for comfort, u don't like my baggy clothes the $&@k off

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I dress casual (Jeans and a tshirt) to nicely (your description). What makes the biggest difference is the attitude. Either way I dress, hasn't changed how people react to me.

So yes, I agree don't dress like a complete slob, but more importantly, have a good attitude.
    +1, I don't wear polo's much, mostly nice Tshirts and clean jeans. Every once in a while a nice button up shirt. But attitude has a lot to do with it, don't act paranoid, just go about your business with confidence like you belong, because you do!

-Thor

Is there a list of open carry states?

Go to the forum (open carry.org) and it should help answer some of your questions. Their forum format is set up very similar to this one.

If you have to ask you probably should carry!

Asking is one of the best ways to educate yourself and find out what it is like.

I asked and have begun doing it after getting some good answers. As with all things you have to sift and choose and decide who you will believe.

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by NickFro View Post
    As I do not live in an open carry state (Florida), I wish it was, and I often think about what other random factors would go along with open carrying. As we know, non gun owners get nervous when they see a person open carrying who is not a police officer. But I think there would be ways or things to do to ease the nerves of others.

One being to dress professionally. Seeing someone dressed in nice slacks & a collared shirt with a firearm would be a bit less off setting then the same person wearing baggy jeans, a Linkin Park Tshirt and a beanie. If you present yourself in a respectful way, you will be respected.

Any other ideas?
    I sometimes enjoy listening to Linkin Park and I sometimes wear baggy jeans and a beanie....WTF are you trying to say??

Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Beanies = cool
    Hoodies = not always

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast