Arguing with a liberal about Open and Concealed Carry - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Arguing with a liberal about Open and Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Arguing with a liberal about Open and Concealed Carry within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; States Allowing Open Carry with License per State Preemption Laws: The following states allow licensed open carry of firearms with ...

States Allowing Open Carry with License per State Preemption Laws: The following states allow licensed open carry of firearms with most local laws preempted by state law: North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Utah, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Hawaii, and Massachusetts.

States Allowing Open Carry without License without State Preemption: The following states allow open carry of a firearm without a specific open carry license, but may be subject to municipal laws governing open carry, including: Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Maine, New Hampshire, and Delaware.

States Allowing Open Carry without License per State Preemption Laws: The following states allow open carry of firearms, without a specific license to do so, as well as possess state laws preempting any local statutes governing open carry including: Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, South Dakota, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, and Vermont.

Quote Originally Posted by Botye14 View Post
    States Allowing Open Carry with License per State Preemption Laws: The following states allow licensed open carry of firearms with most local laws preempted by state law: North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Utah, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Hawaii, and Massachusetts.

States Allowing Open Carry without License without State Preemption: The following states allow open carry of a firearm without a specific open carry license, but may be subject to municipal laws governing open carry, including: Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Maine, New Hampshire, and Delaware.

States Allowing Open Carry without License per State Preemption Laws: The following states allow open carry of firearms, without a specific license to do so, as well as possess state laws preempting any local statutes governing open carry including: Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, South Dakota, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, and Vermont.
    Please don't post things that you don't know. SOMEONE may actually believe what you say even though it is not correct. Washington allows unlicensed carry AND has a state Pre-Emption law. Cite WA RCW 9.41.290 reads:

RCW 9.41.290
    State preemption.

The state of Washington hereby fully occupies and preempts the entire field of firearms regulation within the boundaries of the state, including the registration, licensing, possession, purchase, sale, acquisition, transfer, discharge, and transportation of firearms, or any other element relating to firearms or parts thereof, including ammunition and reloader components. Cities, towns, and counties or other municipalities may enact only those laws and ordinances relating to firearms that are specifically authorized by state law, as in RCW 9.41.300, and are consistent with this chapter. Such local ordinances shall have the same penalty as provided for by state law. Local laws and ordinances that are inconsistent with, more restrictive than, or exceed the requirements of state law shall not be enacted and are preempted and repealed, regardless of the nature of the code, charter, or home rule status of such city, town, county, or municipality.

May want to double check your source of that list you published.

-Thor

Whether it's guns, politics, religion, or abortion your probably never going to get a gun-hater to change their mind....until something bad happens to them...then they'll suddenly think it's fine to carry a gun. Remain calm and use statistics to win any gun "debates".

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Quote Originally Posted by martyathome View Post
    Whether it's guns, politics, religion, or abortion your probably never going to get a ".
    Liberal. They are the smartest people they know and you don't know jack.
    to change their mind....until something bad happens to them...
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by CharonPDX View Post
    Amazing how similar the argument can be changing just the subject.......
    Excellent point! Wow. Just one question though. That would be concerning the outcome of the actions taken by a pro-gunner compared to the pro-abortionist.
    To be a pro-gunner you don't have to advocate shooting innocents. To be a pro-abortionist you would have to advocate > > What? Go ahead, say it. Don't be afraid to defend your position of just changing the subject. If you don't respond maybe others here will be truthful and tell what you would have to advocate.
    NRA Life Member

XenaWarriorCat is offline Authorized Snake Killer

I am a liberal, ex-cop, former MP, Regular Army goll-danged patriot with a big fat CCW in my wallet and a loaded gun in my pocket.

I don't rent space in my head to people who think the Bill of Rights is negotiable, liberal and conservative morons alike. When you make the Constitution of the United States an "us vs. them" topic then you are selling something.

Quote Originally Posted by XenaWarriorCat View Post
    I am a liberal, ex-cop, former MP, regular army goll-danged patriot with a big fat CCW in my wallet and a loaded gun in my pocket.

I don't rent space in my head to people who think the Bill of Right is negotiable, liberal and conservative morons alike. When you make the Constitution of the United States an "us vs. them" topic you are selling something.
    ^^^^^^This, I like!^^^^^^^
    I am now just ONE STEP shy of the dark side, although i do visit it frequently!

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Advice? Don't argue with anti-gun liberals. You can't win.
    Probably not ... but some people have some wits about them and can eventually be turned ...
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

The platitude, "A liberal is a conservative who has yet to be mugged" seems to apply to whom the OP refers.

No point in arguing the merits of OC and CC (other than elevating the OP's blood pressure and who needs that?) until afterwards.
    Highly recommended reading:
    QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Default Re: Arguing with a liberal about Open and Concealed Carry

Quote Originally Posted by XenaWarriorCat View Post
    I am a liberal, ex-cop, former MP, Regular Army goll-danged patriot with a big fat CCW in my wallet and a loaded gun in my pocket.

I don't rent space in my head to people who think the Bill of Rights is negotiable, liberal and conservative morons alike. When you make the Constitution of the United States an "us vs. them" topic then you are selling something.
    I will bite on this one.......

What liberal politicians do you endorse as being pro 2A?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast