AR15s, the camel's nose,the2A and what are you going to do or say.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

AR15s, the camel's nose,the2A and what are you going to do or say.

This is a discussion on AR15s, the camel's nose,the2A and what are you going to do or say. within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; It has been questioned in this site why would the average citizen want or need an "assault"weapon. The answer is ...

Default AR15s, the camel's nose,the2A and what are you going to do or say.

It has been questioned in this site why would the average citizen want or need an "assault"weapon.
    The answer is uncomfortable for most people, even people that say they support the Second Amendment. As our inspired "Founding Fathers" understood and put it forth was to insure our ability to protect ourselves from enemies both foreign and domestic. This include keeping our very own government (you know those people we elect that just get carried away with their own importance and power) in check. To be able to deliver us from tyranny both hard and soft.
    Now if you are one to "trust your government then you are correct, we don't need and shouldn't have AR 15s.
    On the other hand if you look at what is going on and sometimes wonder what the hell is going on and think that our elected officials not only don't understand our constitution they may have never bothered to "find out what's in it" even though it has already been passed then you can easily know that AR 15s and high capacity magazines are necessary for the defense of our constitution. This not to say that they are necessary to take up arms in revolt against our government,this not the reason in my mind. Having such firepower by many of our law abiding, country loving fellow Americans serves to remind our elected officials and "leaders" like a giant neon
    sign in each of their bedrooms that flashed "DON'T TREAD ON ME"!
    If you give the knee jerk crowd the opportunity to reimpose the Gun Control act, that would be not just "the CAMELS NOSE under the tent" but in the aftermath of this atrocity at the very least his whole head!
    It's time to cut back on the "what you would have done" to save the day verbiage and focus on what we are going to do to save out 2A RIGHTS and access to our tools to protect ourselves and to keep the government mindful of the Constitution and to not TREAD ON US!
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    If you give the knee jerk crowd the opportunity to reimpose the Gun Control act, that would be not just "the CAMELS NOSE under the tent" but in the aftermath of this atrocity at the very least his whole head!

It's time to cut back on the "what you would have done" to save the day verbiage and focus on what we are going to do to save out 2A RIGHTS and access to our tools to protect ourselves and to keep the government mindful of the Constitution and to not TREAD ON US!
    I've said it another thread and I will reiterate it here as well. We cannot allow the debate to focus on gun control in wake of the horrific events in Aurora, Colorado. We need to demand that a root cause analysis be done prior to any debate about corrective measures to prevent future occurrences. We need to demand that the focus be on the individual and not the tool and to make better social programs or assistance available to those who would harm the rest of us. You cannot legislate evil and some people are just that - evil. We need to demand that equal media time be given to the fact that this evil also obtained or built explosive devices in order to kill, and there are already laws (state and federal) that make it felony from start to finish - those law sure prevented evil from doing what evil wanted.

There will always be evil in the world and as a society we have to remember that and make certain that due justice is done once evil is captured. When evil steps on our doorstep, we need to make certain we have identified it and taken the necessary steps to not be a victim - whatever that is and use whatever tool we can to prevent it.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

#1 - The AR15 is NOT an assault rifle.

#2 - The worst mass killings have been in countries with DRACONIAN gun control laws.

Gun Control will not hamper an individual set on killing.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Russia Has far more mass murders than we do. The state controlled media keeps a lid on them!

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    #1 - The AR15 is NOT an assault rifle.

#2 - The worst mass killings have been in countries with DRACONIAN gun control laws.

Gun Control will not hamper an individual set on killing.
    If you are referring to my post I agree with you about the term "assault" that is why I put it in quotes!
    You are also correct on point two.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I've said it another thread and I will reiterate it here as well. We cannot allow the debate to focus on gun control in wake of the horrific events in Aurora, Colorado. We need to demand that a root cause analysis be done prior to any debate about corrective measures to prevent future occurrences. We need to demand that the focus be on the individual and not the tool and to make better social programs or assistance available to those who would harm the rest of us. You cannot legislate evil and some people are just that - evil. We need to demand that equal media time be given to the fact that this evil also obtained or built explosive devices in order to kill, and there are already laws (state and federal) that make it felony from start to finish - those law sure prevented evil from doing what evil wanted.

There will always be evil in the world and as a society we have to remember that and make certain that due justice is done once evil is captured. When evil steps on our doorstep, we need to make certain we have identified it and taken the necessary steps to not be a victim - whatever that is and use whatever tool we can to prevent it.
    I have to agree with you but in view of what I was hearing on TV and what I was reading here I was trying to be somewhat preemptive and get as many people to think about how to counter act the usual general response to this atrocity.
    I do not use the term tragedy. The term tragedy to me means the unfortunate loss of life due to any unplanned circumstance that caused it. ie: Thw car tire blew out and the operator lost control killing all occupants. There are many others but you get the point.
    The pain that those victims and their are hopefully foreign to most of us. What comes to mind that there had to be signs that were ignored for any number of reasons. Signs that if deeply considered might have prevented this. I believe that is what should be concentrated on. To train ourselves to be sensitive to such signs and overcome denial and not to put the method used for such destruction as the main concern because those people will use any other method of achieving their terror if their first choice is not available!
    Again, I hope in due time we can prepare to point out what gives tyranny the first foothold and be prepared to deal with those questions intelligently and not emotionally as many will.
    NRA Life Member

What I posted on my FB page and my GUNSMOAK.com status:

MASS SHOOTINGS are caused by POLITICIANS pandering to the liberal do-gooders and gun-grabbers. When media calls me to discuss happenings such as occurred last week in Colorado, they already KNOW my answer. They simply seek snippets of recorded conversation to manipulate my words to make me seem the booger-man they wish me to be. HOWEVER, if they were in a crowded GUN FREE ZONE with someone screaming ALLAH AKGBARR, they would be steppin' and fetchin' to get behind me as I lay down a wall of lead to extinguish a threat. The next day, they would revert back to the lyin', backstabbin', Obama-fyin' jack-waggons we know them to be. BUT THANKS FOR CALLING TO OFFER THE INTERVIEW!!

fnsmoak
    aka GUNSMOAK.com
    Don't let PUBLIC EDUCATION be responsible for your legacy of "Gun Control". If you don't train them, who will?

Quote Originally Posted by fnsmoak View Post
    What I posted on my FB page and my GUNSMOAK.com status:

MASS SHOOTINGS are caused by POLITICIANS pandering to the liberal do-gooders and gun-grabbers. When media calls me to discuss happenings such as occurred last week in Colorado, they already KNOW my answer. They simply seek snippets of recorded conversation to manipulate my words to make me seem the booger-man they wish me to be. HOWEVER, if they were in a crowded GUN FREE ZONE with someone screaming ALLAH AKGBARR, they would be steppin' and fetchin' to get behind me as I lay down a wall of lead to extinguish a threat. The next day, they would revert back to the lyin', backstabbin', Obama-fyin' jack-waggons we know them to be. BUT THANKS FOR CALLING TO OFFER THE INTERVIEW!!

fnsmoak
    aka GUNSMOAK.com
    You are sooooooo right and correct!:-) Experience has been your teacher.
    NRA Life Member

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Experience tells me gun free zones are where you want to be to get killed. If there were no gun free zones the bad guy might feel he could get killed and not act. Unabridged 2nd Amendment. Peace, Love, Colt 45.

It does not matter that technically an AR15 and derivatives are not assault rifles. Do you think that the left really cares? We're talking about the same left that thinks abortion is not murder, and that a woman has the God-given right to murder her unborn child.

Any gun ban in this country will include all "black guns" with high cap magazines.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast