Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater

This is a discussion on Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; He may be within his rights, but what he did was insensitive and kind of stupid. Man arrested after bringing ...

White Doberman Guest

Default Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater

He may be within his rights, but what he did was insensitive and kind of stupid.

Man arrested after bringing gun into Thornton movie theater - The Denver Post

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

“One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

chiefpropellerhead is offline Chiefpropellerhead
    Charleston, South Carolina, United States

I am confused .... I thought that firearms were outlawed in Colorado.... How are they outlawed but yet be an open carry state.... Anyway, as to the actions of the movie goer. Open carrying in a movie theater so soon after the Aurora incident was probably not the smartest move on his part. What did he expect to happen?

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

I am confused also, I thought we had a 2nd Amendment.

Flanmedic51 Guest

I wonder what the summons was for. But yea, the dynamics change after a mass shooting...prob not the greatest idea to OC in a theater. DRAWING attention like that just isn't smart and sheeple are going to pretty much instinctively call the cops.

jd_mitchell is offline Proud Eagle Scout

Colorado is an open carry state. Except for Denver.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future." Adolf Hitler. Sounds just like Schumer, Obama and their cronies, Wake up America. Unabridged 2nd Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefpropellerhead View Post
    I am confused .... I thought that firearms were outlawed in Colorado.... How are they outlawed but yet be an open carry state.... Anyway, as to the actions of the movie goer. Open carrying in a movie theater so soon after the Aurora incident was probably not the smartest move on his part. What did he expect to happen?
    To my understanding Colorado needs to go through what Michigan is going through with gun laws. Mi and Co have a state law (preemption) that the city's and townships can't have laws stricter than state law but some still have some no carry laws illegally. Some times this is the only way to get rid of the illegal city laws.
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Maybe if every time we are harassed in a theater, coffee shop or elsewhere for legally carrying we should sue the theater, coffee shop or individual filing the complaint and they would then learn the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Maybe if every time we are harassed in a theater, coffee shop or elsewhere for legally carrying we should sue the theater, coffee shop or individual filing the complaint and they would then learn the law.
    Why? You would be suing the wrong party. It isn't the theater, coffee shop or individual filing the complaint doing the harassing. It is the police who improperly handle these calls and harass the person who is not violating any laws. Put the blame where the blame belongs, if police did their jobs correctly, the law abiding citizens would be left alone, and the people making complaints about perfectly lawful behavior would get the citations.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast