open carry - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

open carry

This is a discussion on open carry within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Bikenut I understand that folks generally base their opinions on what they personally experience. But the point ...

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I understand that folks generally base their opinions on what they personally experience. But the point remains... if one looks at the fact that open carry has been legal, and exercised, for decades.... let me stress that... DECADES!.. in all areas of just the one State that I picked out... Arizona... without a whole bunch of "shot first" incidents then that ignorant BS weenie fear mongering crap about "Them stupid open carriers are gonna get shot first!" has absolutely no basis in reality.

In my not so humble opinion "Yer gonna get shot first!" is really based in needing an excuse to justify being afraid to actually do it.
    Yeah I don't buy it either. I seriously doubt you can find even one case where somebody got shot first because they were open carrying.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

We had open or concealed carry here in Florida briefly (I think it was about a full 2 days) back in 1999 if I remember correctly and the hoplophobes/Brady liars and MSM hyped up the fear mongering to a feverish pitch like they usualy do, thus causing the law to be reversed.

There was a second attempt at this in Florida recently and it failed. There was even a police chief that said openly that he would be harrasing people if the law went through. I think he went as far as to say that he would encourage shooting anybody open carrying or something to that effect......... Wonderful.

Maybe the third time will be the charm and we'll get this done here someday......It would be nice.

What we need is for this to be like Arizona and other open carry states for awhile until folks get used to seeing it and become desensitized to it. Also, Open carry and or concealed would be great because the option to conceal or open carry. That way we wouldn't have the dilema of having to carry a smaller compact gun just so it conceals well and worrying about the gun becoming exposed and then hassled for it.
    Samuel Colt did more for equality in America than any civil rights activist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_M View Post
    We had open or concealed carry here in Florida briefly (I think it was about a full 2 days) back in 1999 if I remember correctly and the hoplophobes/Brady liars and MSM hyped up the fear mongering to a feverish pitch like they usualy do, thus causing the law to be reversed.

There was a second attempt at this in Florida recently and it failed. There was even a police chief that said openly that he would be harrasing people if the law went through. I think he went as far as to say that he would encourage shooting anybody open carrying or something to that effect......... Wonderful.

Maybe the third time will the charm and we'll get this done here someday......It would be nice.

What we need is for this to be like Arizona and other open carry states for awhile until folks get used to seeing it and become desensitized to it. Also, Open carry and or concealed would be great because the option to conceal or open carry. That way we wouldn't have the dilema of having to carry a smaller compact gun just so it conceals well and worrying about the gun becoming exposed and then hassled for it.
    Up to Florida passing the shall issue concealed carry statute we had Open carry with a License.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_M View Post

Maybe the third time will be the charm and we'll get this done here someday......It would be nice.

Here in Georgia your license allows both OC and CC and honestly in all these years I have never seen anyone OC. I'm fine with either choice, just mentioning my observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayb View Post
    Here in Georgia your license allows both OC and CC and honestly in all these years I have never seen anyone OC. I'm fine with either choice, just mentioning my observation.
    Yeah, That's what I'd like to see here. Both OC and CC. I imagine that most people are so used to CC that they just do that so that they don't have to deal with the possible drama that seems to ensue like in other states that allow open or concealed when open carrying.

I would be fine with either choice myself, but occasionally I'd like to open carry to show people that it ain't all that scary to see the average citizen with a sidearm on their hip. They need to see more of this and just get used to seeing it. The more the better.
    Samuel Colt did more for equality in America than any civil rights activist.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123