Open Carry Permit?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Open Carry Permit?

This is a discussion on Open Carry Permit? within the Open Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Do you have to have a permit to open carry like you do to conceal carry?...

Jason Dixon is offline jdixon

Question Open Carry Permit?

Do you have to have a permit to open carry like you do to conceal carry?

Default Open Carry Permit?

No look up your local state laws

Blog Entries

All depends on your state law on open carry. where ru from?

Jason Dixon is offline jdixon

I'm wondering about Colorado laws

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Dixon View Post
    I'm wondering about Colorado laws
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by DCkilla View Post
    I open carry because the "element of surprise" is just a pipe dream.

Purely a matter of individual state (and local) law.

No credential is required to open carry in Ohio.

In Pennsylvania, no credential is required to open carry... EXCEPT in Philadelphia. One must have a PA License to Carry a Firearm (LTCF) in order to carry AT ALL in Philadelphia.

Shoobee is offline Banned

There is a licensing procedure for security guards. That is the only formalized O/C licensing.

Otherwise O/C is just a fringe issue that has ballooned from the Old West days, mostly applicable to woodlands or deserts or your own private land now.

I doubt that any business or person wants you on their property in O/C mode. That's why CCW mode is superior where available, LIKE IN COLORADO. Jeeze just get the permit and be done with it.

You're lucky you don't live in NYS, NYC, DC or ILL.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    There is a licensing procedure for security guards. That is the only formalized O/C licensing.

Otherwise O/C is just a fringe issue that has ballooned from the Old West days, mostly applicable to woodlands or deserts or your own private land now.

I doubt that any business or person wants you on their property in O/C mode. That's why CCW mode is superior where available, LIKE IN COLORADO. Jeeze just get the permit and be done with it.

Urban Dictionary: shoobee

1. shoobee

Usually derogatory. A tourist at the (New Jersey) shore. He can often be identified by his pasty palor and inapprpriate clothing, e.g. black knee-socks with bobos (inexpensive footware), plaid shorts, and a shirt emblazoned with "I'm With Stupid." Etymology: said to derive from the "shoebox" in which shoobees once packed their lunches. Alternative etymology: from the refrain of popular Philadelphia music of 1950's and 1960's (example: "shoobee doo-wop"). Often shortened to shoob.
    "Why do these ********** shoobees have to brake at every ********** intersection??"
    "Hey, check out the shoob!"

2. shoobee
    a derogatory term for tourist because tourists sometimes wear shoes at the beach
    dude a: look at that friutcake wearing shoes in the sand!
    dude b: ya what a shoobee!

Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post

Urban Dictionary: shoobee

1. shoobee

Usually derogatory. A tourist at the (New Jersey) shore. He can often be identified by his pasty palor and inapprpriate clothing, e.g. black knee-socks with bobos (inexpensive footware), plaid shorts, and a shirt emblazoned with "I'm With Stupid." Etymology: said to derive from the "shoebox" in which shoobees once packed their lunches. Alternative etymology: from the refrain of popular Philadelphia music of 1950's and 1960's (example: "shoobee doo-wop"). Often shortened to shoob.
    "Why do these ********** shoobees have to brake at every ********** intersection??"
    "Hey, check out the shoob!"

2. shoobee
    a derogatory term for tourist because tourists sometimes wear shoes at the beach
    dude a: look at that friutcake wearing shoes in the sand!
    dude b: ya what a shoobee!

Shoe bee can't you change your name to shoe fly you give the best information . So you mean I have open carried over a year and guess what no one says a word . Go to google and search your answer before putting a foot in your mouth .

So much derogatory insults and misinformation in just one post.

The actual truth is..

Whether or not open carry is legal in the State you live in depends on the laws in your own State... and laws differ from State to State. And since laws differ from State to State, open carry in some States... like Michigan.. is legal in public and in many businesses without a permit!. It is not limited to woodlands, deserts, or your own private land. Please do not listen to those on the internet trying to pass off their anti gun opinions as factual law but do a search for the actual firearms laws for your own State.

As for businesses not wanting folks open carrying in their businesses... some do not but most have absolutely no problem with it... and that is something NOT limited to just one State. For example... if you would like to see how open carry is accepted in Michigan please pay a visit to:

List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

and read the 4,863 posts (at the moment I am typing) concerning open carriers going about their daily lives.. open carrying in Michigan.

One other thing ...

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" means the government .. shall not restrict the right to bear arms. And when the government requires a person to ask permission to be given a "permit"... then the government is in control of who can, and who can't, bear an arm unless they have a "permit". That means those "permits" are the exact infringements that "shall not be infringed" refers to. The infringement of the government being in control of who is "allowed" to carry a gun.

So... those who defend, recommend, and espouse, that everyone should just "get a permit" are actually defending governmental................ gun control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast